dentaldoc

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2003
739
2
Visit site
Status
Hello guys,

Can any one tell me the current exam format for part 2?...
In ADA website, it's stated that 400(discipline- Based Component) and 100(Case-Based component)....If so, How many questions on day 1 and how many on day 2?

But the latest ASDA reprint that I have(TEST D 93)
has component A1-A3 200 for each component so 600 Questions and Component B has 150 case based Questions :confused:
 
OP
D

dentaldoc

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2003
739
2
Visit site
Status
Hello pals,
Those who took part 2 recently or know abt the current exam format, pls shed some light..
Thanks!
 

toothie

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2004
438
0
Status
dentaldoc said:
Hello pals,
Those who took part 2 recently or know abt the current exam format, pls shed some light..
Thanks!
hi , the format is 400 general question from all subjects . if u want the exact breakdown of the number of q / subject check the ada website or request a part 2 application booklet from ADA . it has the break down given in detail .
on the second day there are 100 case based quesions.
the pattern has changed since previous yrs.
hope this helps.
toothie
 

spowari

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2004
55
0
Status
dentaldoc said:
Hello guys,

Can any one tell me the current exam format for part 2?...
In ADA website, it's stated that 400(discipline- Based Component) and 100(Case-Based component)....If so, How many questions on day 1 and how many on day 2?

But the latest ASDA reprint that I have(TEST D 93)
has component A1-A3 200 for each component so 600 Questions and Component B has 150 case based Questions :confused:
hi there
on the first day u'll have two sessions of 200 Q each.they are from all subjects.on the second day there will be 100 case based items.i took part 2 in dec and scored 81.i dont know if its ok or should i take it again.u will find lot of Qs on insurance plans etc. and lot of other general Qs whice actually are very tricky.my part 1 score was 93.so i was disappointed by part 2score.
feel free to ask if u have any Qs
spowari
 
OP
D

dentaldoc

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2003
739
2
Visit site
Status
spowari said:
hi there
on the first day u'll have two sessions of 200 Q each.they are from all subjects.on the second day there will be 100 case based items.i took part 2 in dec and scored 81.i dont know if its ok or should i take it again.u will find lot of Qs on insurance plans etc. and lot of other general Qs whice actually are very tricky.my part 1 score was 93.so i was disappointed by part 2score.
feel free to ask if u have any Qs
spowari
THANK U toothie and Spowari for the response :thumbup:

Hi Spowari, 81 is a good score for part 2...Offcourse you have a very good part1 score but as far as part 2 is concerned it's more than enough is you just pass the exam. So don't worry abt retaking the exam..I am sure you will get in some dental school of your choice.. :luck:
 

MeiLi

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2005
30
0
Status
spowari said:
hi there
on the first day u'll have two sessions of 200 Q each.they are from all subjects.on the second day there will be 100 case based items.i took part 2 in dec and scored 81.i dont know if its ok or should i take it again.u will find lot of Qs on insurance plans etc. and lot of other general Qs whice actually are very tricky.my part 1 score was 93.so i was disappointed by part 2score.
feel free to ask if u have any Qs
spowari
Yeah, Spowari! Good score for Part1! :D

I don't think you need to retake Part2...81 is a pretty decent score. :) But, don't let us stop you. I mean, if you think you can do better than that, you can always try again.

Do you know anyone with ADA questions for Part 2? I'm taking Part 2 myself this March... :idea: :eek: