Part 2 help please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

numairkazmi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys i need help with a nbde preparation, i appreciate anyone taking the time to read this this and reply.
Q) what is the treatment order for restoring teeth? eg molars,premolars, canines etc.( therefore post. before ant.) or incisors and canines first and then PM and Ms.
also is there a order preferance (ideally) for either max or mand teeth first??

i was also wondering if anyone had taken part 2 recently and noticed any change in format or difference for 2009 exam

once again thank you for your help

Members don't see this ad.

Is it not that the order depends on the preference for severity that is in need of treatment, factors like pain/discomfort, contact with adjacent teeth, opposing teeth, position in the arch, how concern about esthetics... etc. I dont think it has to do with just the order-posterior/anterior/maxi./mandi.

Is it not that the order depends on the preference for severity that is in need of treatment, factors like pain/discomfort, contact with adjacent teeth, opposing teeth, position in the arch, how concern about esthetics... etc. I dont think it has to do with just the order-posterior/anterior/maxi./mandi.

yes in the "real" world that is the case, but in the nbde 2 universe they expect some ******ed theoretical reasoning for things which do not occur in reality. anyways the question was if all other factors were the same how would you treatment plan it.
still looking for answers guys any help would really be appreciated
thanks

pos.teeth are restored before anterior
maxillary before mandibular

i read it in a part 2 review book..but still looking for logical reasoning:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
pos.teeth are restored before anterior
maxillary before mandibular

i read it in a part 2 review book..but still looking for logical reasoning:thumbup:

i believe post before ant the same reason u do a post extraction before ant extraction - so u do not somehow damage the ant restoration while trying to do a post restoration. makes sense to do it back to front. now max before mand im not sure....

i believe post before ant the same reason u do a post extraction before ant extraction - so u do not somehow damage the ant restoration while trying to do a post restoration. makes sense to do it back to front. now max before mand im not sure....
it makes sense to me too, but i also read in a part 2 ref. book, that ant are restored before post to ensure ant guided occlusion for posteriors, hmmmmmmm, anyone know definitively????????