Part 2 retake was HARD!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RockerDDS

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am back home after day 1 of retaking Part 2 and I am kind of down. There were a ton of questions I did not know, a handful of questions that I should have known off the tip of my tongue that I could NOT remember and then there were a handful that I changed the answer to the wrong answer. :( I feel horrible about this. Never second guess yourself! I also should NOT have looked up some of the answers when I got home as now I feel worse.

What makes everything even worse, I feel that I had the 'easy' version and need to score very high on it to pass. All I want is a 75! I had TONS of behavior management and perio questions. Lots of path too which I didn't focus on so much this time. :( I feel very depressed as everything rides on me passing this test. I already have one job offer and more next week. I wonder if I should cancel them until I know if I passed?

What should I do tonight to focus on day 2 and the cases? Anything good to study or just I just relax tonight? I am VERY worried! :(

Members don't see this ad.

I am back home after day 1 of retaking Part 2 and I am kind of down. There were a ton of questions I did not know, a handful of questions that I should have known off the tip of my tongue that I could NOT remember and then there were a handful that I changed the answer to the wrong answer. :( I feel horrible about this. Never second guess yourself! I also should NOT have looked up some of the answers when I got home as now I feel worse.

What makes everything even worse, I feel that I had the 'easy' version and need to score very high on it to pass. All I want is a 75! I had TONS of behavior management and perio questions. Lots of path too which I didn't focus on so much this time. :( I feel very depressed as everything rides on me passing this test. I already have one job offer and more next week. I wonder if I should cancel them until I know if I passed?

What should I do tonight to focus on day 2 and the cases? Anything good to study or just I just relax tonight? I am VERY worried! :(

RELAX! there's nothing you can do. What you did not learn in your months of studying you will not magically embed in your head!

Take it easy, rest. Tomorrow will test your diagnostic skills more than anything else IMO. There's no book for you to review.

You will do fine,

Good luck!

Pavius Twelves thirtys

Rocker!! Don't decline your job yet, are you kidding!!!??? This same exact thing happened to me where I came home and reviewed a whole bunch of ?s that I had changed wrong and then a bunch more I had answered wrong. That's why i was almost CERTAIN I had failed it a third time... but that was not the case. Pick yourself up and do great tomorrow, like you said, everything rides on this. If you want to, maybe look at some cases on qbank if you have it. again, good luck! :thumbup:

Rocker!! Don't decline your job yet, are you kidding!!!??? This same exact thing happened to me where I came home and reviewed a whole bunch of ?s that I had changed wrong and then a bunch more I had answered wrong. That's why i was almost CERTAIN I had failed it a third time... but that was not the case. Pick yourself up and do great tomorrow, like you said, everything rides on this. If you want to, maybe look at some cases on qbank if you have it. again, good luck! :thumbup:
Rocker..how was UR 2nd day...sure U did great..Keep us updated

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly, the second day seemed WAY harder to me than the first day. That makes me VEEY nervous because I was already worried about the first day and was counting on the second day to really boost my score. I felt a lot of the cases were asking questions I had never seen before, the x-rays were IMPOSSIBLE to read, and the two part true/false questions got me. I knew one of them but didn't know the second.

I am VERY scared I did not pass. I worked very hard for this but I keep thinking about the questions and how I probably missed them. I am just praying that I got a 75 but I don't know. I feel that I missed a lot. :( And it would totally crush me to turn down jobs and have to retake the end of August!

Rocker... I´m sorry you felt that way on your 2nd day too, but maybe you are being too hard on yourself. I know this is an awful feeling, but the only thing you can do now is wait for the results. Hopefully when your results come, it´s a pass!!! I have my fingers crossed for you!!!

I took my Part 2 (2nd time) on Thursday and Friday (5/20-21).

The question set was horribly hard and couldn't believe it.
After the first day, I checked my answers and realized I messed up pretty bad. Since I had so many tough questions, I must have lost my mind and even missed somewhat easy ones cuz I couldn't think straight from the shock that I had. This probably will kill my score.

2nd day wasn't as bad as the first day, but there were some ambiguous ones. I felt that the quetions don't provide enough information to make a judgemental decision. Well, just gotta wait and cross my fingers.

Since my graduation and residency are depended upon this exam, I'm very nervous and not sure what to do if I fail again. Since many members have been saying that the harder the exam, the easy it is to pass. I'm hoping that's the case. However, what still bothers me is that I missed relatively easy ones cuz I was in a panic mode. Hope that I'm not the only one who felt this way.

Guys please wish me a luck!!!

Hey Joshua Kim. Although i haven't taken part II yet, i have heard lots of people say the same thing as you. Most of them passed and I hope it's the same case for you!! I really have my fingers crossed for you and everyone taking these exams!!!

i had a couple friends who recently retook it and apparentlythe retake versions of the exam are super hard....good luck to everyone i'm sure they will do well with appropriate preparations.

Joshua Kim,
I wish you the best of luck. I am SUPER nervous that I did not pass. I might have freaked out during my test too because I changed a lot of the answers or just blanked on the questions. The second day messed me up bad too.

I am just crossing my fingers that I passed and I get a 75. 75 is ALL I want!