Part I group study!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BDS-DMD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I feel a lot of "Shall we study together?" forums come up and clog the forum. Hence I am starting this for those of you who want to study together. Please use only this forum for that so new members can just read up old questions and old members(once done with exam) can either continue to help or move on.

I will be deleting any other "group study" threads that come up. If you want to work with some on in particular or for a particular month, please do not let those factors prevent you from using this thread.

Thanks a lot.

Members don't see this ad.

I like this idea.. :idea:
students who are getting together to study for part 1 should definetly use this thread and post their queries ..and form groups instead of opening up so many threads on the same old topics ...
it will be a good referance fir them later on..too. they can include so many doubts/..questions..make friends..discuss questions..and topics/ books..exchange notes all..under one thread
Hopefully students studying for part1 will continue to post on this thread..
Great work ..MOD!! :thumbup:
gn

BDS-DMD said:
Hi,

I feel a lot of "Shall we study together?" forums come up and clog the forum. Hence I am starting this for those of you who want to study together. Please use only this forum for that so new members can just read up old questions and old members(once done with exam) can either continue to help or move on.

I will be deleting any other "group study" threads that come up. If you want to work with some on in particular or for a particular month, please do not let those factors prevent you from using this thread.

Thanks a lot.

natdrea
10+ Posts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, all these months preparation is over, I took my cbt yesterday, it was tough, for me there were very very very few repeats, dental decks and asda papers wont do it, i believe you guys better go through Kaplan, my friend who took the test with me said the same thing. We felt that there was nothing that came out from our review. Anyway, here are some questions from my and my friends tests yesterday, hope it will help those who are going to take the exam soom.

Anatomical sciences - alot of muscles - upper / lower extremities, thorax, muscles of mastication, facial expresssion its origin insertion and origin,
- nerves ----- not only cranial nerves but also nerves from the abnomen, you guys have to know by heart the BRANCHES
- cardiovascular - circle of willis, arteries - branches, veins - branches
- ganglion. --- otic, ciliary, semilunar.....

Biochemistry - Physiology - this was TOUGH , lots of questions on glucolysis, gluconeogenesis, lipolysis, metabolism. Know your enzymes, hormones, i had questions on 2nd messenger of a several hormones, which i have no idea with

Microbiology - Pathology - my friend's test has alot of virus questions, but in my test i had tons of fungi and parasites. mesothelioma, burkitts, huchtingonts, carcinoma, sarcoma....

Dental Anatomy and Occlusions - in my exam there were only 2 diagrams for tooth morphology, and 1 diagram on poselt's , but in my friends exam, there were alot of non working, working diagrams, and she told me she had 1 diagram on poselt's as well, very little tooth histology came out, but you have to know the basics.

With regards to the format, and time in taking the test, I didnt really have problem with TIME, and there are 1 am session and 1 pm session, you can choose which subject you want in 1 session, what i did was i skipped micro first , and went directly to dental anatomy, after each session, there is this "REVIEW" botton on the lower right corner, you can just click on that and do the micro.

Ok guys, its time for me to wiat for my results, i honestly think i didnt do good, but i know i did my share of studying, so whatever result comes out, i will take it with an open heart.. I hope what i wrote helped, and for all those who are going to take the exam, I wish you good luck and all the best.

happy holidays everyone. and God bless.

Members don't see this ad :)
BDS-DMD said:
natdrea
10+ Posts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, all these months preparation is over, I took my cbt yesterday, it was tough, for me there were very very very few repeats, dental decks and asda papers wont do it, i believe you guys better go through Kaplan, my friend who took the test with me said the same thing. We felt that there was nothing that came out from our review. Anyway, here are some questions from my and my friends tests yesterday, hope it will help those who are going to take the exam soom.

Anatomical sciences - alot of muscles - upper / lower extremities, thorax, muscles of mastication, facial expresssion its origin insertion and origin,
- nerves ----- not only cranial nerves but also nerves from the abnomen, you guys have to know by heart the BRANCHES

Biochemistry - Physiology - this was TOUGH , lots of questions on glucolysis, gluconeogenesis, lipolysis, metabolism. Know your enzymes, hormones, i had questions on 2nd messenger of a several hormones, which i have no idea with

Microbiology - Pathology - my friend's test has alot of virus questions, but in my test i had tons of fungi and parasites. mesothelioma, burkitts, huchtingonts, carcinoma, sarcoma....

Dental Anatomy and Occlusions - in my exam there were only 2 diagrams for tooth morphology, and 1 diagram on poselt's , but in my friends exam, there were alot of non working, working diagrams, and she told me she had 1 diagram on poselt's as well, very little tooth histology came out, but you have to know the basics.

With regards to the format, and time in taking the test, I didnt really have problem with TIME, and there are 1 am session and 1 pm session, you can choose which subject you want in 1 session, what i did was i skipped micro first , and went directly to dental anatomy, after each session, there is this "REVIEW" botton on the lower right corner, you can just click on that and do the micro.

Ok guys, its time for me to wiat for my results, i honestly think i didnt do good, but i know i did my share of studying, so whatever result comes out, i will take it with an open heart.. I hope what i wrote helped, and for all those who are going to take the exam, I wish you good luck and all the best.

thanks and Best of luck for your results .

BDS-DMD said:
natdrea
10+ Posts

hey, good luck, u will get ur scores in 2 weeks.
I had taken my NBDE I recently and got 86%. and as u say there were very few repeats from the decks or the previous question papers. Its better to go for Kaplan. Its not easy as it seemed to be in the ASDA released question papers :(

Hey people
I guess I'm the first one among those studying for nbde part 1 posting in this thread........anyways anybody else interested in studying or discussing together please leme know.....bye

hey i am interested in group study
let me know which subject we should start with
and when do you plan to give the exam

mamadent said:
hey i am interested in group study
let me know which subject we should start with
and when do you plan to give the exam

Hey
I was thinking maybe we should start with path or micro....how should we do it????my mail id is [email protected] me with your ideas....also leme know where are u from???I am from virginia.....I havent decided on the exam dates yet....when do u plan to give urs........

anjoliey said:
hi everyone count me in too...

Hey
I have posted my mail id on top.........mail me and we can decide how we can discuss after studying and clear any doubts......

hi shlo
i dont mind starting with patho-micro how do u suggest we discuss the topics?
i plan to take exam in feb....on 25th to b precise...i am in connecticut

anjoliey said:
hi shlo
hi Itoo am planning to give exams between 28 feb and15 march so that i can repeat the exam in july if score is less than 90 and 90 days gap is requared between two exams.is the attemt counted please answer.is any one ready to be my study partner i will soon post thedetailed time table.

anjoliey said:
hi shlo

I think we can discuss the topics online (chatting) or even on the phone......so leme know....we can decide what topics for the day and discuss for sometime after studying.......mail me at [email protected]

Members don't see this ad :)
hi everyone who is interested in discussing patho micro we can start with micro if its ok with all and the first topic i guess can b streralisation methods...we can see how it comes out and then decide the next topic if ok with all?
let me know my id is [email protected]... we can use messenger to discuss so many can discuss at once.

guys !
we can post questions on this thread. and dicuss important and difficult topics

so now that we have got quite a group ,how do we plan to start doing the group study.do we read the same topics on te same day to keep the pace going or do we discuss sme qustions online,plz reply.

mamadent said:
so now that we have got quite a group ,how do we plan to start doing the group study.do we read the same topics on te same day to keep the pace going or do we discuss sme qustions online,plz reply.
yes good idea guide how to get in touch with each other,

Please discuss the stuff here so that others can also refer to the posts and benefit.

Thanks.

BDS-DMD said:
Please discuss the stuff here so that others can also refer to the posts and benefit.

Thanks.
i am really strugling with biochemistry do i need to go tru lipincot and then kaplan revew notes or the later is enough plllease guide and in micro is kaplan notes enough please reply.

i have a lippincott as well, but am not sure which chapters shd i study from there,....writing exam in feb 3rd week, so cant possibly study whole of lippincott...

anyone who has REFERRED tht book...PLS HELP US OUT HERE.....

thanks.

hi,

i plan to study anat decks and embryo and histo from kaplan in the next 4 days...anyone here studying same...

group study should help!!!!

vaishali said:
hi,

i plan to study anat decks and embryo and histo from kaplan in the next 4 days...anyone here studying same...

group study should help!!!!
I am planning to give exam on 25 march my time table starts from 3 jan on micro and anat giving 10 ours each day any body wants to join me we can disscuss every day

tazeen khan said:
I am planning to give exam on 25 march my time table starts from 3 jan on micro and anat giving 10 ours each day any body wants to join me we can disscuss every day

Hi,
I am interested in joining...what topics r u planning to cover in anat and micro? and how to discuss the questions?

join me too in this group

chelviraj said:
Hi,
I am interested in joining...what topics r u planning to cover in anat and micro? and how to discuss the questions?
started biochem from today to complete in next 15 days with kaplan review notes dd and question papers any suggessions? and any body joining?

tazeen khan said:
started biochem from today to complete in next 15 days with kaplan review notes dd and question papers any suggessions? and any body joining?
Joining study group from today only'But first u said u''ll start with Anatomy n micro now u said Biochem What exactly n how

indian bds said:
join me too in this group
I also joined here in nov 2005.Wanna study .Most welcome.I''ll be starting with Micro n Patho from decks n kaplan as well.

Gaura Nitai said:
I like this idea.. :idea:
students who are getting together to study for part 1 should definetly use this thread and post their queries ..and form groups instead of opening up so many threads on the same old topics ...
it will be a good referance fir them later on..too. they can include so many doubts/..questions..make friends..discuss questions..and topics/ books..exchange notes all..under one thread
Hopefully students studying for part1 will continue to post on this thread..
Great work ..MOD!! :thumbup:
gn

Hi everybody,
I am new to this site and I would like to have somebody to study with me for NBDE PART 1.

tazeen khan said:
hi Itoo am planning to give exams between 28 feb and15 march so that i can repeat the exam in july if score is less than 90 and 90 days gap is requared between two exams.is the attemt counted please answer.is any one ready to be my study partner i will soon post thedetailed time table.

hi this is sue, yea i wud love some tips taz. tell me how can we form a group?
iam new here n need friends n guidance.My eaddress is [email protected]

tazeen khan said:
taz u know someone who is selling dental decks? i need them besides tell me what have u covered so far? n bio chem in 15 days Man' u may be some genius since the biochem that i remember from 1st year looks like persian to me now:)

Rebecca08 said:
Hi everybody,
I am new to this site and I would like to have somebody to study with me for NBDE PART 1.
hi there...
i am in the same boat,when r u planning to take the test,and what city r u in.?I am also looking for some pal to discuss and plan out studies.

dr sue said:
taz u know someone who is selling dental decks? i need them besides tell me what have u covered so far? n bio chem in 15 days Man' u may be some genius since the biochem that i remember from 1st year looks like persian to me now:)
giunius? no ya still strugling in 2nd chapter after 8 days but i got a good book of gary thobudiu and kevin patton of anatomy and physiology giving basic ideas of human biochemical system and found it very helpful to read it before going in biochem dd and notes hope i complete in next few days .this book i got from community collage library.and we can disscuss on phone once we plan.dd i still did not get it.

tazeen khan said:
giunius? no ya still strugling in 2nd chapter after 8 days but i got a good book of gary thobudiu and kevin patton of anatomy and physiology giving basic ideas of human biochemical system and found it very helpful to read it before going in biochem dd and notes hope i complete in next few days .this book i got from community collage library.and we can disscuss on phone once we plan.dd i still did not get it.

Hey is Kaplan not good for biochem.I haven't read it n just wanna know if u have studied that.Howz it?

i wud love to have a conversation with u on phone n share whateva knowledge i have but tell me somethin,i have never heard the books u told me, arnt u studying lippencot for biochem? i have not started bio as yet but i thought lippin was good? tell me some other books too taz, what book shud i take a reference from , for anatomy, physiology and MICROBIO, BESIDES what books shud i consult for dental anatomy?

sumera

tazeen khan said:

Hi im also preparing for part I. started with Anatomy ,physio n micro . If anybody like to disscuss, then plz pm me.

Dushyant said:
Hi everybody,me to preparing for Part I.Count me in for disscussion on micro,physio.My id is [email protected].

magadh said:
Hi im also preparing for part I. started with Anatomy ,physio n micro . If anybody like to disscuss, then plz pm me.

Hello friends,

I am not selling these papers, but just passing on to everyone as this is what this website is for, to help each other. So if you need these paers just send me your e-mail adrs

wish u good luck

DENTISTHONEY said:
Hello friends,

I am not selling these papers, but just passing on to everyone as this is what this website is for, to help each other. So if you need these paers just send me your e-mail adrs

wish u good luck

Hi
I appreciate u for ur help.Can u plz forward me those papers.My e_mail id is [email protected]

Hi group.....
Count me in too...we could discuss questions online or chat or Skype is a good option too....if anyone is willing..pls pm me your ids.I am planning to take the exam early in march.

HI Dentisthoney,
Could you forward those papers to me too.....I would appreciate it a lot.My email address is [email protected].
best of luck to all.

hi prachi
i use skype if interested do pm me
thanks

prachi said:
Hi group.....
Count me in too...we could discuss questions online or chat or Skype is a good option too....if anyone is willing..pls pm me your ids.I am planning to take the exam early in march.

HI Dentisthoney,
Could you forward those papers to me too.....I would appreciate it a lot.My email address is [email protected].
best of luck to all.

tazeen khan said:
yes good idea guide how to get in touch with each other,

Please count me. That will be very helpful

Hi ,

CONGRATULATION !!! for taking NBDE Part I !!!! :)
i believe that you did OK !!! So , don't worry , you'll get your result and you 'll smile !!! :)
Please , could you ahare with me more information regarding this exam !!
I'm going to take it in July this year (2006) .
Anything can be helpful to me it's very WELCOME !!! thank you so , so much !!
Which material did you use fot your studying ?
How long time did you study for it ??
Good Luck in everything you're doing !!
GOD BLESS YOU !!!!!!

Miha . ([email protected])

BDS-DMD said:
natdrea
10+ Posts

tazeen khan said:

I am interested in this group study....mail me at [email protected]

thank you

hi count me tooo.
even i am planning to give exams by the end of may , are u guys giving computer base test .

Hi friends,

Plz count me as i plan to take the exam this year,
Hope we can find its helpful...
My yahoo address: [email protected]
Anybody in Orange County, CA?
Take care friends,
River