canine crusader

Journey to freedom
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2008
virginia
Status
Dental Student
has anyone heard of Strep sobrinus, mutans, and anginosus being initial colonizers of the tooth surface? When working through old exams, I sometimes question what the answer choice is and can't get a firm answer with research either way. Oh well, let me know if you have heard this.

Truth seeker

10+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
> S.sanguis is one of the initial colonizers of plaque .
> Streptococcus sobrinus is more common in human fissure plaque than Streptococcus mutans . this isnt true !!! even both belong to mutans gr streptococci , generally, the prevalence (the percentage of a population carrying the microbe) of Streptococcus mutans is higher than Streptococcus sobrinus. S.sobrinos can be considered a commensal in the oral flora .

canine crusader

Journey to freedom
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2008
virginia
Status
Dental Student
Thanks Truth Seeker. I am getting nervous! I am doing Crack the NBDE and wanted to see if this will be helpful on the exam. I have sat for the computer version before and it simulates the atmosphere perfectly,but the questions are harder than on the paper exams. I have to do well, this is my last chance and I have got to do it this time. :eek:

dr37

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 16, 2007
Status
Dentist
you might already know it, but still though of writing:

Primary colonizer of caries : Step mutans
Secondary colonizer : Lactobacillus

Good luck on your test. Make sure you read staph/sterp and their differences well. Dnt get confused in staph and strep.
:luck:

canine crusader

Journey to freedom
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2008
virginia
Status
Dental Student
Thanks guys for all of your help! I will certainly post my experience once I am done next wednesday. :D I will let you know if the software is worth the money.

Truth seeker

10+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
you 're welcome .

PLs do let me know about the crack the nbde simulative tests, am couple of weeks away from my Exam too , would be really helpful ! Yeah its the last chance to work towards part1 . all the best .

Mar 20, 2010
Status
Dentist
good luck ... post ur queries .. we all can help u out.. keep going... study hard.. god bless..

canine crusader

Journey to freedom
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2008
virginia
Status
Dental Student
Thanks for your offer to help!!! I will let you know if I have any questions.Time is ticking away! I am actually looking forward to taking the exam and getting this behind me. GOD's Blessings are awesome and i feel prepared. Will be getting lots of rest the day before.:D;):thumbup: