Part time chart review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AFMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
You guys know I've always got some weird questions to ask! I've been looking at telemedicine jobs to do part time at home. I found one that gives $20 for a chart review to see if a lab has medical necessity. You start around 5 a day and work your way up to 20 a day. I was told that each takes a few minutes. I seems a little too good to be true. What do you guys think?

I also think the reimbursement system that reimburses well for procedures, and really minimizes the amount of mental work that can go into non-procedural services. As a result, a lot of the work we do is devalued, and it gets in our heads. I think something like the above job could be useful, but we are trained to feel like it is not.

I'm interested in your opinion.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Choose sides wisely. Being a hired henchman for the insurance companies ... no thank you.

That line of work would directly contribute to soaking patients with bills for labs that they might not be able to afford.

All labs have medical necessity if it helps you in the care of the patient.

Medically_Necessary_Meme.jpg

Reactions: 1 users