Part time jobs that don't require Board Cert?

lemonlove

2+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2016
    Hi,
    I'm going to be sitting for general boards next year and we are just planning things out. After I graduate residency, I was hoping to work and study at the same time. I am going to be moonlighting this year but was wondering if there would be options for me to do part time work without being board certified?

Thanks

splik

Professional Cat at Large
    10+ Year Member
    Nov 30, 2009
    1. Attending Physician
      most jobs don't require board certification when you are fresh out of residency. And there are actually plenty of jobs that never require it. In many cases you will be paid less without it. However for moonlighting, it shouldn't make a difference to your hourly rate. Remember that most people are not board certified when they start work.

Reactions: 1 users
      About the Ads
      This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.