lorian99

2+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey guys,

I've been taking 2 prereqs per semester along with a couple clinical and non-clinical EC's and spend the rest of my time managing a household. When I eventually apply, is there a section on the application where I can discuss the time I spend handling things at home? I've also considered writing about it in an essay on overcoming challenges.

Thanks in advance.

theonlytycrane

5+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2014
Status
Medical Student
There's a few places were you can appropriately address challenges you've faced and how you overcame any obstacles.

If you're worrying about how the "extra time" you have might be accounted for, though, I think that's less of a worry. I assume you're also working, volunteering, and/or involved in ECs? Just ace your classes and keep chugging along :)

OP
L

lorian99

2+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Cool. I do have some small commitments in volunteering and ECs, but I don't work because money isn't an issue and I'm needed more with things at home. I suppose my main concern when I apply is that I appear to be slacking with a low courseload as a part-time student even though I spend a significant amount of time keeping things at home afloat.

Last edited:

theonlytycrane

5+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2014
Status
Medical Student
Cool. I do have some small commitments in volunteering and ECs, but I don't work because money isn't an issue and I'm needed more with things at home. I suppose my main concern when I apply is that I appear to be slacking with a low courseload as a part-time student even though I spend a significant amount of time keeping things at home afloat.
Yeah I wouldn't worry. Just do as well as possible in classes while doing your best at home too. Hope all is well.

Reactions: lorian99