• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

?Part-time Vet school

Bill59

10+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2006
    You could always flunk a year. :)

Otherwise, all the US schools have a 4-year curriculum (there used to be a few that were 3 years -- you didn't get summers off). There are individual instances where someone has to take a leave of absence for various reasons, but they are set up for 4 years.

About the Ads

PAThbrd

LA Surgery Resident
    Moderator Emeritus
    10+ Year Member
    7+ Year Member
    Aug 9, 2004
    Massachusetts
    1. Veterinarian
      There are some people who have dropped down to part time status because of health reasons at Penn, but its generally only for a year (1st or 2nd year) and you have to have a pretty darn good reason. I don't think they would accept you as a part time student going in.

jfitzpatri8

Trying my darnedest...
      10+ Year Member
      Mar 3, 2007
      Lansing, MI
      1. Veterinary Student
        All of the US schools are required to meet the laws of the nation- there is a federal law that governs such things, The ADA requires that people with disabilities be afforded the opportunities of regularly abled people if they meet the requirements. I was offered the opportunity to join what MSU designates as the "extended curriculum" when I started this year (I had some medical problems come up just after school started). The drawback is that there is nothing that can be done about clinical rotations- you have to do your 60 hours/week! A friend of mine who started at Davis this year is allowed to take one of her classes from each quarter over the summer so that her regular school year is less demanding ( she has a learning disability).

The short answer is that you need a good reason- but all things are possible.

good luck...J

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.