part2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cavity buster

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello

which is easier guys computerised or written prt2?

Members don't see this ad.

For day 1 computer is easier, whereas for day 2 (case study) the paper version is easier to go back and forth the charts and the question. Hard to display all the info on a 17" monitor. Try it for yourself.

http://www.nerb.org/sylvandemo.htm

Computer version is more expensive, however the test date is more flexible and it takes only one week (vs 6-8 weeks) to receive result.

Interesting note:
Students from accredited school have much higher failure rate for the computer version, while the reverse is true for non-accredited examinees.

My theory is different groups choose the exam method differently. Most of the people from the accredited group will take part 2 in Fall. Those that are not ready by fall or re-taking part 2 will opt for the computer version. This "handicapped" group will score lower. Similar reason explains why the accredited students failure rate for Dec part 1 is almost twice as high as June part 1.

On the other hand the non-accredit students are not bound by curriculum and thus have equal likelihood to take the exam any day in the year. I guess there is a correlation between computer skill and exam prowness for non-accredited students. Basically the younger, more confident, more prepared will have less reservation taking the computer version. The computer version also allows for flexiblity in preparation time.

my 2 kopeks

- tengu