*Participation Requested - Dissertation Research! Adult survivors of child abuse

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

saribou13

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I have recently been approved to collect data for my dissertation research. My study involves the impact of childhood abuse experiences on survivors' ability to find positive adaptation through adulthood. Although this is a sensitive subject, I hope you will consider taking this survey if it applies to you, or forwarding it on to anyone who you think might be interested. This survey is confidential and no names or contact information will be collected in connection with the study. You will be asked to respond to approximately 80 questions asking about basic demographic information, childhood abuse experiences, social support, coping strategies, and satisfaction with life. This survey will take approximately 10-15 minutes of your time. You will not receive any compensation for participating in this study, nor will you be required to pay any costs related to the study. IRB approval documents are attached. Data may be collected until 9/9/15. I appreciate your help!
Thank you,
Sarah

Have you or someone you know experienced abuse or neglect as a child?

We are conducting a study to help determine the ways in which adults are able to lead healthy, fulfilling lives following childhood trauma. Your participation could help further important research on how to best help survivors of abuse.

If you have experienced any of the following:

§ Emotional/Verbal Abuse
§ Physical Abuse
§ Sexual Abuse
§ Emotional or Physical Neglect

Please consider filling out a short online survey!
https://udenver.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_6rOUugW8mdIzkyN

For questions about the survey, please contact Sarah Cleary at [email protected]

Thank you!

The Principal Investigator for this study is Sarah Cleary, M.Ed., doctoral candidate in the Counseling Psychology Ph.D. program at the University of Denver. This study has been approved for distribution by the IRB at the University of Denver (#547892-4).

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• IRB Approval Letter.pdf
    81.1 KB · Views: 82
  • Amendment approval letter 11.25.14.pdf
    80.8 KB · Views: 79