PASS Application question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Huggies

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just checking out the application, and I'm curious where you put all the CE courses you've taken/conferences attended, study clubs? Extracurricular Activities? Seems like it should go under professional experience? Thanks a lot:)

Members don't see this ad.

I was just checking out the application, and I'm curious where you put all the CE courses you've taken/conferences attended, study clubs? Extracurricular Activities? Seems like it should go under professional experience? Thanks a lot:)

I would say to put the study clubs under the extracurricular activities section of PASS. For the other stuff such as CEs and conferences attended, you can put that in your CV. You CV is the best place to put down stuff that doesn't exactly fit in the categories that PASS offers. In any case, I've heard from several applicatns last year that interviewers are actually referring to your CV while they are in the process of interviewing you since they can glance at your whole academic life in two pages!!!

:D

thanks black teeth, makes sense, but you only have 650 words to write your essay. If I list all my CE's and conferences in that section, I won't have much space to put anything else. :laugh: I would think that if you have nothing interesting listed in your first main categories, PD's won't even bother reading the CV.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks black teeth, makes sense, but you only have 650 words to write your essay. If I list all my CE's and conferences in that section, I won't have much space to put anything else. :laugh: I would think that if you have nothing interesting listed in your first main categories, PD's won't even bother reading the CV.

The essay is altogether different from the CV. You submit your essay online through the PASS website, but you mail an actual hardcopy of your CV to PASS. The CV does not have a word limit like the essay. But it does have a page limit of 2 pages. So for the CV, you can put anything you like on it as long as it doesn't go over the 2 page limit. When you're done with the CV, all you gotta do is print it out and mail it to PASS. Hope that helps.

Thanks so much, I didn't see the CV section. It seems a little redundant, after all you'll be listing a lot of things twice, no?