dmd2006

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2002
42
0
Visit site
Status
Hi Guys,

I sent out everything to pass last week-wednesday and found that everything is filed except my CV. How this can happen? I sent out everything in the same envelope. Does it take more time? Have any idea? plz, one of schools' deadline is 8/2 and I am so worried. :scared:
 

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2001
11,750
18
Arizona
Status
Dentist
It seems like it all should have been updated at the same time if you sent it all together. I'd call PASS and speak to them directly. Perhaps they forgot to update your status, or perhaps they lost the CV. Either way, call them!
 

InMyCrossHairs

#1 GUNNER
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2005
164
0
Status
dmd2006 said:
Hi Guys,

I sent out everything to pass last week-wednesday and found that everything is filed except my CV. How this can happen? I sent out everything in the same envelope. Does it take more time? Have any idea? plz, one of schools' deadline is 8/2 and I am so worried. :scared:
Had the same problem. Pass let me know it will take 5-10 days to update. My CV was received by Pass on 7-24, and may not make the 08-02 deadline. Why this happens, I dont know, but it does suck.
 
About the Ads

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2001
11,750
18
Arizona
Status
Dentist
InMyCrossHairs said:
Had the same problem. Pass let me know it will take 5-10 days to update. My CV was received by Pass on 7-24, and may not make the 08-02 deadline. Why this happens, I dont know, but it does suck.
Very uncool, because don't they state that if they receive the materials in their office by the PASS deadline date that it will make it to the schools by their deadlines?
 

kato999

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 2, 2004
344
1
39
Status
Dentist
ItsGavinC said:
Very uncool, because don't they state that if they receive the materials in their office by the PASS deadline date that it will make it to the schools by their deadlines?
That's what the PASS people told me verbatim on the phone.
 

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2001
11,750
18
Arizona
Status
Dentist
kato999 said:
That's what the PASS people told me verbatim on the phone.
That's what I thought. So if the above poster is referencing the 8/02 PASS deadline, and they received his CV on 7/24, it should be sent out regardless of how long it takes them to "process it." Technically if they receive it on 8/01 it should be sent out.
 

Budmano786

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2002
29
0
Visit site
Status
yup...I was told the exact same thing...if the PASS deadline for a school is August 2nd while the school's deadline is August 15th, even if PASS received your CV and transcripts on August 1st, you are technically safe...August 2nd is the deadline for PASS to receive all the needed information (submitted application online, CV, and transcript) and they will use those 13 or so days to gather everything and have everything submitted prior to the school's August 15th deadline...atleast this is what they told me
 

InMyCrossHairs

#1 GUNNER
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2005
164
0
Status
ItsGavinC said:
That's what I thought. So if the above poster is referencing the 8/02 PASS deadline, and they received his CV on 7/24, it should be sent out regardless of how long it takes them to "process it." Technically if they receive it on 8/01 it should be sent out.

I apologize, I need to correct, when I got the initial email, it said 5-10 days to process. The reason I assumed this is because I asked in my email if I would have trouble if the CV was not updated in my file by 08-01. They did not respond to that question, only that it my may take 5-10 days to update.

I have one question, all my documents are into pass, but nothing has been sent to the schools. How long has it taken from the time all your information was received, until it was sent?
 

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2001
11,750
18
Arizona
Status
Dentist
InMyCrossHairs said:
I have one question, all my documents are into pass, but nothing has been sent to the schools. How long has it taken from the time all your information was received, until it was sent?
Mine was all completed and paid for early in July. Not a single app has been sent to programs yet.

As I understand it, and I may incorrect, PASS won't mail all of the applications together, but will mail them in cycles as the program deadlines draw closer. In other words, if a program has a deadline in September and another a deadline in October, those programs will get your application at two unique times. That's how it was explained to me, anyway (although it sounds a little fishy to be honest).
 

UABDentist

keep on rollin
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2004
146
0
New Orleans
Status
Resident [Any Field]
ItsGavinC said:
Mine was all completed and paid for early in July. Not a single app has been sent to programs yet.

As I understand it, and I may incorrect, PASS won't mail all of the applications together, but will mail them in cycles as the program deadlines draw closer. In other words, if a program has a deadline in September and another a deadline in October, those programs will get your application at two unique times. That's how it was explained to me, anyway (although it sounds a little fishy to be honest).

I had the same problem. According to USPS my stuff was delivered to PASS but PASS did not know where it was. It took about 10 days for them to locate my stuff. I called them up a lot of times and told them about my 08/02 deadline. They said IF your tracking says it's got here its here. they said they will send it out.

My 2 cents from this.... ALWAYS SEND OUT ANY APPLICATION MATERIALS WITH A TRACKING NUMBER.

And about the mailing cycles at PASS - I guess that's why a lot of schools have their own applications?!?

Good luck guys.
 

bsmcga0

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2005
102
4
Status
I actually like programs that do not use pass, its much easier in my thoughts
 

Budmano786

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2002
29
0
Visit site
Status
Some people on the boards here claimed that last year PASS messed up some people's applications...I heard a few even got screwed over...hope that doesn't happen this year

anyways, did you all know that the schools you apply to can see where else you applied? I just found this out today...I'm wondering if its only PASS schools that can see PASS schools...otherwise, how would the non-PASS schools know where else you applied? And I wonder if it weakens a strong application when the applicant applies to several schools...I'm a fairly strong applicant, but I'm applying to a bunch of schools (23!)
 

Sommy

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 9, 2005
61
0
Status
Dental Student
Budmano786 said:
Some people on the boards here claimed that last year PASS messed up some people's applications...I heard a few even got screwed over...hope that doesn't happen this year

anyways, did you all know that the schools you apply to can see where else you applied? I just found this out today...I'm wondering if its only PASS schools that can see PASS schools...otherwise, how would the non-PASS schools know where else you applied? And I wonder if it weakens a strong application when the applicant applies to several schools...I'm a fairly strong applicant, but I'm applying to a bunch of schools (23!)
How/where did you find this out? I had no idea. I feel the same way.
 
About the Ads

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2001
11,750
18
Arizona
Status
Dentist
Budmano786 said:
anyways, did you all know that the schools you apply to can see where else you applied? I just found this out today..
What is your source on this? I think it is VERY doubtful that this is true. How would they find out?

AADSAS applicant's always claim this to be true, but I've seen the AADSAS applications as they arrive to the schools and they don't list other schools anywhere on it.
 

Budmano786

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2002
29
0
Visit site
Status
Well, I don't have a definitive source...its actually pretty funny...I was sitting eating lunch with my classmates...some who are also applying to various programs...and they start talking about someone in our class who is applying to a bunch of schools and how thats gonna look desperate...and I asked how so? and thats when they ALL in unison said that schools can see where else you applied...they made this out to be a well-known fact...I bought it at first, but I know that most of you guys know your stuff so I'm starting to doubt it again...there were both ortho and perio applicants at the table
 

InMyCrossHairs

#1 GUNNER
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2005
164
0
Status
Budmano786 said:
and they start talking about someone in our class who is applying to a bunch of schools and how thats gonna look desperate...and I asked how so?
I dont look at it that way, desperate that is. I applied to many programs also, and if I had the money, I would apply to all of them. Furthermore I would interview at all of them. Not because I am desperate, but I want a first hand look at every program. I will be spending the next 4-6 years of my life (hopefully) at a hosptial/program being trained. I want to be as informed as I can, and not take someone elses word on which programs are good. For instance, on this board you hear of maybe 7-10 OMFS programs, and I am sure all of these programs are good, possibly even the best, but I want to be the one who decides that. And for those applicants that are borderline, it cant to hurt to apply to as many programs as financially possible.
 

Ramzi

Member
10+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2006
79
0
Status
Dental Student
I have sent my CV, transcripts and Institution Evaluation (paper form) to pass and it was delivered on the 27th of July. The status of my CV and transcripts have been updated but they contacted me saying that I still have to mail the Institution Evaluation and I might miss the application deadline! This is crazy! I have sent all stuff in ONE envelope, how could they get something and loose the other?!
PASS deadline has already passed (2/8) and I don't know what to do! I live outside the USA so I cannot call them, but I sent them 4 emails but there was no reply.
In my last email I said that it's their full responsibility and they are to be blamed if I miss the application deadline. I swear I'm gonna sue them if anything like this happens!
 

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2001
11,750
18
Arizona
Status
Dentist
Ramzi said:
I live outside the USA so I cannot call them, but I sent them 4 emails but there was no reply.
I replied to your other post, but on this note, why can't you call them?
 

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2001
11,750
18
Arizona
Status
Dentist
Budmano786 said:
and thats when they ALL in unison said that schools can see where else you applied...they made this out to be a well-known fact.
Certainly not a well-known fact. I'd say it's a often-believed myth. Unless someone has a good source on this, I'd say it's busted. Nowhere does PASS mention that programs get a list of where you've applied. And, with things as competitive as they are these days, it's smarter to apply to many programs and visit as many as possible.
 

kato999

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 2, 2004
344
1
39
Status
Dentist
Just an update:

PASS is having some problems with their website (big surprise). My application still says that it is "Not Mailed" when I look at the program designations online, but when I called them they confirmed that it had been mailed to all the programs last week. It's just a glitch that they are working on apparently.

Just thought I would let ya know, in case some of you were worried.
 

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2001
11,750
18
Arizona
Status
Dentist
kato999 said:
Just an update:

PASS is having some problems with their website (big surprise). My application still says that it is "Not Mailed" when I look at the program designations online, but when I called them they confirmed that it had been mailed to all the programs last week. It's just a glitch that they are working on apparently.

Just thought I would let ya know, in case some of you were worried.
Nice. I spoke to them last week and they said mine still wasn't mailed, which is what the website showed. Go figure. It's been over 30 days since I submitted, though.
 

indeep

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
May 17, 2006
28
0
Status
Dental Student
ItsGavinC said:
Nice. I spoke to them last week and they said mine still wasn't mailed, which is what the website showed. Go figure. It's been over 30 days since I submitted, though.

38 days since my complete submission and still no mailing date on PASS. That is good to hear that there may be a glitch, now I'm itchin to call and find out, since I have three programs that have passed their initial PASS deadline.

I'm starting to lose confidence in this process with so many problems.
 

kato999

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 2, 2004
344
1
39
Status
Dentist
Just as a reference, my last eform was submitted and my application was completed 7/5/06. Looks like about 5 week turnaround.
 

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2001
11,750
18
Arizona
Status
Dentist
Mine was mailed out last week (despite the website and the first CSR saying otherwise). Submitted on 7/9, so it took 4-5 weeks.
 

bsmcga0

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2005
102
4
Status
in my program designations, states that all apps were sent on 08/04,
then for status it says "new", I added my GRE score a couple of days ago, so will everything be sent again, or just the GRE score(which is what would make sense)
thanks
 

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2001
11,750
18
Arizona
Status
Dentist
bsmcga0 said:
in my program designations, states that all apps were sent on 08/04,
then for status it says "new", I added my GRE score a couple of days ago, so will everything be sent again, or just the GRE score(which is what would make sense)
thanks
Just the section containing the GRE score will be sent.
 
About the Ads