PASS essay

Discussion in 'Dental Residents and Practicing Dentists' started by ecrdoubles15, May 17, 2008.

1. ecrdoubles15

ecrdoubles15 Senior Member

hi does anyone know what the essay prompt is? what do we write about?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. crazy_sherm

crazy_sherm å♪▼æ╬‼▄·
    Dentist

Dentist
    It's a statement of intent. What do you want to do and why? Try to keep it to one page or less.

4. ecrdoubles15

ecrdoubles15 Senior Member

since im applying to ortho should if be more about why i want to do ortho or just a general overview of me?

5. Wayne Coronado

Wayne Coronado Edentulistic Savant

Resident [Any Field]
    Grant it, a page is not much to work with, but ultimately you want to convey your rationale for for choosing ortho over other specialties or general dentistry, IMO. Just putting myself in a PD's shoes, I would more interested in interviewing someone who did his/her due diligence and researched the field (externships {more-so for other specialties}, assisting/treating in the ortho clinic, checking out private practices, maybe doing some ortho research). Expand as much as you can on these experiences to get a simple message across, "I know, without a doubt, that ortho is what I want to do." Just my thoughts and good luck to you...