• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Pass Fail courses

AshPreMed

May 5, 2012
    I'm in my 4th year at UofT with an HBSc. Would taking one pass / fail course per semester with 3 other FCES (so 4 FCEs per semester) bad for med/grad schools in Canada and USA? My courses would be: a 2nd year course, 4th year research project, 3rd year bio course, and a 300+ Pass / fail course. I plan on doing the pass/fail in a History course for a different perspective.

Thanks

About the Ads

ShenanigansMD

Gryffindor
    Jul 10, 2012
    Horcrux Hunting
    1. Pre-Medical
      I would say no, and as an engineer I'm just as afraid of the subjective grading. A lot of schools like students who have taken humanities classes, and they want to see how well you perform in classes that aren't strictly science or math.

But I'm a pre-med, so don't take what I have to say for granted.

AshPreMed

May 5, 2012
        Im thinking of taking Pass/Fail in a History of Medicine class (4th year level) and another humanities/social sci class in the second semester.

Would a Pass/Fail in history of medicine be bad cuz they want to see how I do in something related to medicine? Also, on a side note, would grad schools not accept you if they see ur interested in medicine cuz they'll think ur not actually serious about going to grad school (applying there as a backup)?

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.