medschoolhopeful99

2+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hey guys Ive put myself in a really stupid situation. So basically, at the end of my soph year I became a little too overambitious and I decided, screw a biology major ill learn enough of that in Med School and decided to either pursue and Econ major or Computer Science major. So fast forward to this semester I decided to take Discrete Math, Calculus I, C++ programming and Intro to Econ. In the first week it overwhelmed me so I dropped Discrete but I fell behind in Economics. I switched Discrete with Intro to Finance which is more manageable.

But basically I'm scared that I'll screw my GPA this semester. Calculus is going fine and so is C++ but Im worried about Econ and Finance cuz I can't put in the time I need into them.
However, Tufts is allowing exceptional pass/fail this semester and I can take as many class p/f and have it count to my major. So I was thinking of taking Econ and Finance pass/fail... would this be a bad option?

I have a 3.92 sGPA and 3.88 cumulative and I finished all my pre-reqs and attend Tufts University...

Aug 15, 2019
Hi, I have been in the same situation before. First of all the semester just started - you still have about 12 weeks to do well! But in MY OPINION it is safer to protect GPA - in worst case scenario interviewer might ask you about this or they might not. GPA should be your number one priority, everything can be easily fixed - volunteering hours, low practice MCAT (and even the real one), research, but not the GPA. It will cost you a lot of money, time and efforts to fix it once you screwed - basically just protect it as much as you could. Again, it is my opinion and I am also sitting with my 3.9 coupled with few Ws and P/Fs over my 3+ year college career. Every single time when I made such decision I asked myself - what is worse W/Pass or ending up as an SMP student. But I am not in med school yet.

medschoolhopeful99

2+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
So if theyre not science (econ classes) I should be okay do you think? I've gotten A+'s in every prereq except Chem 2 where I got A-..

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads