Pass/Fail Non Prerequisite Courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheHappyCamper

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I used the search tool and the impression I get is that pass/failing non prerequisite courses is fine. If I am thinking about double majoring with computer science for fun (bio is my first major), is it still alright if I pass/fail computer science courses even though they are in my second major? Also, is there such a thing as pass/failing too many courses? At what point should I really not pass/fail anymore courses? 2? 3? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone, I used the search tool and the impression I get is that pass/failing non prerequisite courses is fine. If I am thinking about double majoring with computer science for fun (bio is my first major), is it still alright if I pass/fail computer science courses even though they are in my second major? Also, is there such a thing as pass/failing too many courses? At what point should I really not pass/fail anymore courses? 2? 3? Thanks.

Yes, there is. It'll be seen as "saving the GPA." General consensus is around 3 would be considered fine.