Pass/fail or take the grade?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wjin06

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So..say I've already gotten into med school..how bad would it be to choose my school's pass/fail option for a class I'm doing well in, but would require me to study for a significant amount of time for the final? If I choose the pass/fail, I wouldn't need to take the final basically. Before getting accepted, my motivation to do well in classes was learning + grades (to get into med school). Now, it's just learning, and I'm pretty much done with that.

I'm positive I wouldn't feel guilty or not getting something I deserved or any regret about not finishing this class since it's a BS class anyways. But, I wouldn't take the pass/fail option if my med school is going to care.

Members don't see this ad.

So..say I've already gotten into med school..how bad would it be to choose my school's pass/fail option for a class I'm doing well in, but would require me to study for a significant amount of time for the final? If I choose the pass/fail, I wouldn't need to take the final basically. Before getting accepted, my motivation to do well in classes was learning + grades (to get into med school). Now, it's just learning, and I'm pretty much done with that.

I'm positive I wouldn't feel guilty or not getting something I deserved or any regret about not finishing this class since it's a BS class anyways. But, I wouldn't take the pass/fail option if my med school is going to care.

I got accepted early (September). For the spring semester, I eased up on the reins- I already had enough credits for a dual degree and was just staying full time so that I could get basketball tickets and health insurance.

I took: Biochem (P/F), Microbio (P/F), Anatomy for nursing students (online) and Spanish. Total easy semester. Didnt do crap the whole time. I didnt get kicked out for taking PF...just check that your degree will allow it (can't P/F electives at my school), because it would be silly not to get a degree just because of a P/F

The best feeling is passing both classes after the third test or so, not going to class till the final and taking it cold. Awesome. Goes against everything I'd done in the past 7 semesters, namely, caring.

After being accepted in October, I also had an easy 12 credit semester w/ a P/F course included. I don't think it's a big deal.