Pass/Fail Question: For a Required Pre-Med Course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blue Stethoscope

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Sorry if this has been answered before, I tried searching but could not find anything very similar.

So, I am considering doing a P/F for my Physics I course (I am currently a stressed sophomore).
Currently, I'm barely hanging on in the class and my average is at a B-, which at my school factors in as a 2.7. This has been the hardest requirement course I have encountered so far.

I was thinking about making it P/F, and then retaking it next semester when I get my **** together. What do adcoms think of this?

Thanks. It's been bugging me, and the deadline for P/F is next week.

Members don't see this ad.

Take the B- and move on. It's not going to kill you.

Take the B- and move on. It's not going to kill you.

Would it make a difference if I said I already have a B- in one of my BIO pre-reqs? All my labs/other reqs so far have been solid As, however.

Members don't see this ad :)
Would it make a difference if I said I already have a B- in one of my BIO pre-reqs? All my labs/other reqs so far have been solid As, however.

Personally, I think it's fine and nothing to stress over. There's nothing you can do about your previous B-. If you can pass physics with a B-, do it instead of doing P/F and taking it again. Just make sure you do better in your future courses.

I agree with the others that you should just take the B-, but it would help to know what your current cGPA and sGPA are. Do you have 2 B- and the rest are A's, or are they all B's? If your overall GPA is okay, a couple of relatively low grades (still above a C) won't kill your app.

Reactions: 1 user
If you have solid A's in your other prereqs, this additional B- won't do significant damage.