Pass Rates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ryan

Pretend This Is Witty
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the step I pass rates for UHS and DMU. I heard some rumors about the pass rate at DMU and would like to know if they are true. Any links or a pm would be helpful. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

COMLEX I
National Pass Rate: 92.3%
UHS Pass Rate: 97.3%

Don't know DMU's info

Delta

Members don't see this ad :)
UHS:
2003: 97.3% pass rate (as mentioned above)
and out of 225 test takers, that meant only 6 failed.

2002: 96.7% pass rate, out of 213 test takers, 7 failed.
The National pass rate in 2002 was only 90.1%.

In both years UHS did above the national mean in every single subject.

Thanks OH58D and Dr.Smiles! Does anyone know the stats for DMU?:D

2003 DMU Pass Rate COMLEX Part I = 90%
Out of 200 students 20+ students fail

Originally posted by Ryan
Thanks OH58D and Dr.Smiles! Does anyone know the stats for DMU?:D
I'll tell you this from someone who has taken both Step 1 and 2, and know several people that have failed from several schools.

I hope you are not basing your decision on which school to attend based on their pass rates. Classes vary SO much. My class at NSUCOM scored the highest in the school's history on the M1 and M2 years, yet did marginally better than the previous class... and I've seen some school's classes get a 100% pass rate, and then a 90% pass rate a year later. It means nothing. If you get a group of buffoons that hang out together in one year and then a class of gunners the next, it will change the average.

Q, DO

QuinnNSU,
Heck no! AHHH,...okay...well...maybe...Your right (as usual Quinn) I shouldn't let it sway me as a selection factor, well let me explain what I mean. If a school consistently scores very low and another scores consistently very high I wonder what the reasons are behind it (does it have to do with the morale of the class, partying/slackers, an unstable or contentious academic environment?...etc). Because of this, I do use it as one of the factors in selection but it is not anywhere near the "top" of my list. I believe that the individual is the biggest determinate of how well they will do both in medical school and on the licensing examinations.