Passed Naplex and here's how I did it.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Deadpool007

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I graduated pharmacy school with less than a 4.0 GPA so I was not a top student as far as grades were concerned. I graduated in May 2014 and was so stressed out from school that I wanted to take a break. Well, unfortunate events and a bit of being scared to fail the NAPLEX lead me to just now taking the exam (Jan 2015). I said I would post my recipe here if I passed and here it is.

I read through the RXPrep book-Going over common disease states, ID, Epilepsy, Oncology, HIV, PAH and CV stuff multiple times until I felt confident. I also used the APHA book for a few chapters of the above and I think this helped me understand concepts better because the writing style is different. I have read on other SDN fourms that the APHA book has more needless information but you never know what they may ask you on the NAPLEX. Also, I found my notes from when the RxPrep pharmacist was at my school and that had relevant information for the NAPLEX from that 2 day review session.

I saved all the calculations to the last 2 weeks before the exam so all the formulas would be fresh. I did the calculations in the RXPrep, 120 SDN calculations, some random stuff I found on here, and some old pharmaceutics exams. If you have trouble with the 120 Q's, try working through the calculations review first.

I got six hours of sleep the night of the exam and had my friend drive me so I could study during the hour commute. I only ate a little that morning so my mind wouldn't slow down during digestion and I took 6 glucose tablets during my 10 minute break in the middle. I wish I had done it to begin with because my mind was kind of cloudy and I overlooked some things. Nevertheless, the second part of the exam seemed to be easier but that was just me not feeling tired anymore.

When taking the exam-Time is everything but don't freak out. Check allergies and info on patient profiles. The exam has 185 questions and you will probably miss some or realize you did something wrong after you hit "Next", but don't freak out, just go with it.

Know calculations really well. Brand and Generic was on there quite a bit. Not many specific doses but know MOA.

Thanks for reading and Good Luck on your exam.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• PK+EQUATIONS+TO+KNOW+FOR+NAPLEX (1).pdf
    112.3 KB · Views: 1,256
  • NAPLEX- MATH FORMULAS.pdf
    47.5 KB · Views: 1,067
  • NAPLEX- MATH FORMULAS 2.pdf
    49.4 KB · Views: 990
  • 120 Math Questions with Answers from Student Doctor Network dot org, very helpful for NAPLEX.pdf
    222.3 KB · Views: 886
  • Calculations Review.pdf
    526.2 KB · Views: 1,116
Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Thank you so much for your post! I greatly appreciate it. I am taking NAPLEX soon. god bless you!

Reactions: 1 users
I only ate a little that morning so my mind wouldn't slow down during digestion and I took 6 glucose tablets during my 10 break in the middle. I wish I had done it to begin with because my mind was kind of cloudy and I overlooked some things. Nevertheless, the second part of the exam seemed to be easier but that was just me not feeling tired anymore.

Smart. Glad that glucose secret worked out for you. Thanks very much for sharing. You have Karma point for your contribution. You will ace the exam.

I agree with the OP @ food. Eating like 2 granola bars during the break helped me a lot. The Naplex is long AF so get a lot of sleep before the exam.

Members don't see this ad :)