Passed Naplex MPJE Nov 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hrithik

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Friends
I am really greatful to the SDN community for all the help and motivation which played a critical role for me passing all the exams to be a Rph GA.

NAPLEX
It’s a basic competency exam ..... but it’s a very hard exam.... the questions r framed in such a way tht u need in-depth knowledge of the subject.
I have passed both the versions of Naplex in 1st chance..... but this new version is really hard from my point of view.
I’ll mention the things which are different from other posts. I used RxPrep 2017 only the entire package.

Important topics....
biostat .... got like 8-10 quest from all over the chapter in RxPrep... like pharmacoeconomics, sd, CI

cvc cns
compounding... lots of questions

calculations ..... lots n lots.... I am very good at math.... always got like 90% in RxPrep quizzes.... but still had to give up 3 quest on the exam... very tough.... plz practice math with multiple resources.... forget those 120 questions moving around.... they are outdated

oncology.... lots of question

Drug Refrences.... very important.... 10 question from this

If u have any questions or concerns .... feel free to ask.... will be there to help.

Thanks again n all the best to future test takers.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
congrats !!
Always feels good when I see ( passed Naplex ) post.

What about Antibiotics?? and on Oncology, where the questions on side effects or I need to know meds in details ?

Reactions: 1 user
congrats !!

What about Antibiotics?? and on Oncology, where the questions on side effects or I need to know meds in details ?
I passed the naplex in October . Not my first attempt. I found that both times I took the naplex I had a lot of questions on infectious diseases

It’s the reason why I didn’t pass the first time around. I definitely knew my antibiotics well when I took it again

congrats !!

I had a lot of onco..... but not much of ID.... though I was a lot more prepared for it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello Friends
I am really greatful to the SDN community for all the help and motivation which played a critical role for me passing all the exams to be a Rph GA.

NAPLEX
It’s a basic competency exam ..... but it’s a very hard exam.... the questions r framed in such a way tht u need in-depth knowledge of the subject.
I have passed both the versions of Naplex in 1st chance..... but this new version is really hard from my point of view.
I’ll mention the things which are different from other posts. I used RxPrep 2017 only the entire package.

Important topics....
biostat .... got like 8-10 quest from all over the chapter in RxPrep... like pharmacoeconomics, sd, CI

cvc cns

calculations ..... lots n lots.... I am very good at math.... always got like 90% in RxPrep quizzes.... but still had to give up 3 quest on the exam... very tough.... plz practice math with multiple resources.... forget those 120 questions moving around.... they are outdated

If u have any questions or concerns .... feel free to ask.... will be there to help.

How much time do you suggest preparing for the exam?

It’s nerve racking knowing you can’t know it all but also knowing the exam can pull information from anywhere.

Congrats Hrithik! You earned that Licenses!!! How did you study for the Biostats and Compounding section? I feel like the rxprep book isn't enough. Do you have any pointers on how to study for the math? I usually score pretty well on the rxprep calc quizzes too, I do a quiz daily but its gotten to the point where i know the answers by heart. Looking for other sources.

How much time do you suggest preparing for the exam?

It’s nerve racking knowing you can’t know it all but also knowing the exam can pull information from anywhere.
I’m a foreign pharmacist ..... so it took me like 6 months

Congrats Hrithik! You earned that Licenses!!! How did you study for the Biostats and Compounding section? I feel like the rxprep book isn't enough. Do you have any pointers on how to study for the math? I usually score pretty well on the rxprep calc quizzes too, I do a quiz daily but its gotten to the point where i know the answers by heart. Looking for other sources.
I prepared with RxPrep only..... I feel for compounding and calculations 2017 edition is not enough....
Biostat was fine.

Hello Friends

NAPLEX

Important topics....

cvc cns

Hi Hrithik,
I am planning to appear for NAPLEX this year and need some guidance for new version of exam. Is it possible for us to talk over phone ?
Thanks
Jaimin

Hello Friends

NAPLEX

Important topics....

cvc cns

Congrats again. Am curious. Why is Rx prep calculations not enough? I thought it should be enough for the naplex. Is basic math right?? like mEq, mmol, ppm, percent strength, etc which I thought Rx prep books covers pretty well.. or not? I have the 2016 edition so if you feel the 2017 book isn't enough for the math, am getting really worried. Please can you enlighten me about the math on the exam. What types of questions, how is it asked, whay to expect? Do you suggest any other resources to use for preparing? Math is not my strength so am really worried. Am worried they might ask a question am not familiar with or something. Also for the compounding you said the book wasn't enough. Any advice, suggestions. Thank you in advance

Congrats again. Am curious. Why is Rx prep calculations not enough? I thought it should be enough for the naplex. Is basic math right?? like mEq, mmol, ppm, percent strength, etc which I thought Rx prep books covers pretty well.. or not? I have the 2016 edition so if you feel the 2017 book isn't enough for the math, am getting really worried. Please can you enlighten me about the math on the exam. What types of questions, how is it asked, whay to expect? Do you suggest any other resources to use for preparing? Math is not my strength so am really worried. Am worried they might ask a question am not familiar with or something. Also for the compounding you said the book wasn't enough. Any advice, suggestions. Thank you in advance

Mathematics, in general, hasn't changed since the days of Pythagoras.

He simply found it difficult because if it wasn't already obvious, he also mentioned that he is foreign. People who struggle in pharmacy math aren't actually "bad" at math; they simply have trouble understanding it conceptually. English as a second language will only compound that.