Passed NAPLEX (my advice), now taking MPJE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bobisnew

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got my naplex score a few days ago. I passed. So here's my advice.

1) I refused to take the prenaplex for $1 a question, but caved in 2 nights b4. Got a terrible score. Got about an 80 (freaked out), but I passed naplex with 111. If you must, take the prenpalex a week b4 if you want to know some sample questions. It just freaked me out, so i wouldnt rec it.

2) I came out of test 99.9% sure i failed. I guess on 40% prb, i ran out of time almost. My clinical knoweldge is great. I know alot to be an excellent clincial rph. But the test really doesn't judge your skills as a pharmacist. I had a lot of random qs that I would use almost never use. I felt very good abt my drugs an dz states, but that did not help alot. Know basic stats, DRUG FORMULATIONS, brands of hiv and chemo. Main dz obviously like Thyroid, htn, dm, copd astham...

3) Know your math to a pt where u can do it very fast. I had 3 min left at end of test and rushed through the last 60. Math takes time. For non math, read question 2x at most, and go on. Don't go over and over it. You'll waste time.

I used the RXprep and the online quizes (paid for by my empy.) IF you have it don't bother with online classes unless u have the time to go through it all. THey repeat what's in bold and emphaizes some extra stuff. I just used the book and quizes. Do a chapter then do the quiz, not a few days before the naplex like i did. It give u an idea of what u need to go abck an memorize. I had the apha naplex book but that was sooo borning and a pain to read....never used it.

THe math in the rxprep is NOT enough. Use the qs floating around somewhere.

Goodluck to all, its not as bad as I thought it was. You can pass, dont freak and blank during test....

I'm taking my MPJE in nj now. If anyone has any material or links thats useful to the test please let me know. I dont have alot, and i'm taking it in 2 weeks.

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I agree with you.

I took my naplex yesterday and now I'm really scared. The majority of those questions did not really test my knowledge as a pharmacist (in my opinion).

There were so many questions on compounding that I did not study because I didn't think they would make a significant portion of the exam. Maybe it's because I didn't get them right that they kept asking me more. I also had to guess on a couple of math questions because by the 2nd half of the test I was not feeling well (ate something bad before the test, stupid subway). But I finished with 45mins remaining

I had questions from oncology and HIV but they were not difficult. Suprisingly had more questions on immunization, geriatrics, and OTC. What happened to the major topics like hypertension and asthma??? They were barely there.

Also had questions on pharmacokinetics and pharmacogenomics.

I really really really hope I passed.

I agree with you.

I took my naplex yesterday and now I'm really scared. The majority of those questions did not really test my knowledge as a pharmacist (in my opinion).

There were so many questions on compounding that I did not study because I didn't think they would make a significant portion of the exam. Maybe it's because I didn't get them right that they kept asking me more. I also had to guess on a couple of math questions because by the 2nd half of the test I was not feeling well (ate something bad before the test, stupid subway). But I finished with 45mins remaining

I had questions from oncology and HIV but they were not difficult. Suprisingly had more questions on immunization, geriatrics, and OTC. What happened to the major topics like hypertension and asthma??? They were barely there.

Also had questions on pharmacokinetics and pharmacogenomics.

I really really really hope I passed.

I guessed on some of the immunization questions too.

Don't worry, I'd bet anything that you passed.