• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

sweet_pisces

10+ Year Member
Nov 14, 2005
Status
Hi guys,

I was reading thru a few messages and some members have given the first time passing rates on boards for a few optometric colleges..I couldn't find any data for NECO or PCO, so i was wondering if anyone knows what the pass rate at these schools is?

thanks!

sweet_pisces :)

ariel winter

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2005
Status
NECO's passing rate for board exams is 67%. :)

sweet_pisces said:
Hi guys,

I was reading thru a few messages and some members have given the first time passing rates on boards for a few optometric colleges..I couldn't find any data for NECO or PCO, so i was wondering if anyone knows what the pass rate at these schools is?

thanks!

HOLLYWOOD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2004
Status
sweet_pisces said:
Hi guys,

thanks!

pco was about 90%

About the Ads

gsinccom

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2005
Wasatch Front
Status
Pharmacist
aren't there two boards for optometry students and thereby two that a pre-opt student should ask about(one you take after your second year and one after your 4th year)?

ariel winter

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2005
Status
i thought there are three board exams. :confused:

gsinccom said:
aren't there two boards for optometry students and thereby two that a pre-opt student should ask about(one you take after your second year and one after your 4th year)?

sco1styear

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 4, 2005
Memphis
Status
SCO's passing rate for part one was 92% this year. It usually is somewhere in the 90 percentile.
Part II and III usually are passed by most people so comparison of the passage rates is not as useful.

About the Ads