Passing Rate of the Dental Boards I and II for Buffalo and Tufts.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrJoeProscia

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im trying to decide between Tufts and Buffalo and I want to use the Board Passing rate to better help my decision but I cant find it anywhere. Does anyone have this information or know where I can find it? Thanks. :D

Members don't see this ad.

this should be a very minor compenent to deciding where to go to school. I'd recommend looking at how much clinical experience you're going to get and more importantly, how much debt are you going to come out with. Debt is what is going to decide what will do with the next 30 years of your life... don't underestimate the cost of getting the degree!

Very true. I just want to make sure I get the proper education to pass my boards.

Members don't see this ad :)
Our class at Buffalo (Class of 2009) had a 100% pass rate on the first attempt (for part I).

Just a piece of advice: I'm from the Boston area, I spent over 20 years of my life there, and I came to Buffalo in a heartbeat over Tufts, Harvard, and BU. Unless you have a trust fund or a military scholarship to pay for your Tufts education, you would be financially foolish, bordering on severe stupidity, to choose Tufts over UB. Tufts may have a fine clinical program, but the extra $150,000 or so in debt is simply not worth it.

Just my $.02 from a former Bostonian and Red Sox fan. I'll be back in New England after graduating from UB.

Last edited:
Thanks alot for the response. Much appreciated.

Note that the schcool you attend probably has very little to do with your ability to pass boards, and I'm willing to bet almost every school in the country has a 95+% boards passing rate.

Note that the schcool you attend probably has very little to do with your ability to pass boards, and I'm willing to bet almost every school in the country has a 95+% boards passing rate.

you're and idiot.

you're and idiot.

wait, let me get this right.. your attempting to call him an idiot; and in the process:

1- you butchered that sentence. it should have read "you're an idiot". there is no D at the end of an..

2- you revived a two year old thread to let him know that

3- your wrong; all ADA accredited schools have very high pass rates on the boards; it's mostly about how much you study

4- this proves that your an idiot

wait, let me get this right.. your attempting to call him an idiot; and in the process:

1- you butchered that sentence. it should have read "you're an idiot". there is no D at the end of an..

3- your wrong; all ADA accredited schools have very high pass rates on the boards; it's mostly about how much you study

"4- this proves that your an idiot"

made me chuckle....

Seriously, I did some research and found out that really 94%+ people pass the boards... actually wait its really 93%+... oh wait new 2009 data suggests 89.99%+ pass.
Oh wait, according to a 8/19/2010 quote on SDN its a "very high pass rate"

:laugh:

Ah, the irony :D

Chances are the OP already took part 1 and hopefully he passed at whatever school he chose to go to.

AND chances are 95% of students pass part 1 because simply put, it's not that hard to "PASS"

Chances are the OP already took part 1 and hopefully he passed at whatever school he chose to go to.

AND chances are 95% of students pass part 1 because simply put, it's not that hard to "PASS"

Yeah I go to school with OP, he passed, I just visited this thread because i recognized the name.

Agreed. I found it easy to pass.

Since this is a part 1 thread I'll gladly whip out my part 1 score and lay it down next to yours to see who looks like more of "and idiot"

now just change "part 1 score" with "penis" and this thread just got real interesting :)

now just change "part 1 score" with "penis" and this thread just got real interesting :)

haha, this mans got the right idea...

people nowadays are way to hardcore on these threads... =)

haha, this mans got the right idea...

people nowadays are way to hardcore on these threads... =)

For armorshell just take his board score, move the decimal to the left one space and that will give you his in inches.
For you on the other hand, I guess we could use a perio probe to guesstimate it in millimeters. I have 3.5x loupes as well, not sure if they'll be powerful enough though??? ;)