ashjpate

7+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2011
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
PassNaplexNow
Advantages:
  • Easy to follow powerpoint slides.
  • Dr. Goldie and Dr. Ali does a fantastic job with the lecture. They teach you in a way that helps you retain information. They give you brilliant mnenomics to memorize the difficult things, and the emphasis they put on a specific drugs during lectures helps alot!! I personally felt the lectures are straight to the point of what you need to know for the exam. They have LIVE LECTURES (I did not attend any), and ONLINE LECTURES. I only bought the online lectures so that i can go over it at my convenience. First time i went through it in 7 days.
  • Chart booklet provided (Includes some of the major disease states)
  • They provide question bank booklet. They have the same question online as well if you want to practice that way. THIS ARE MUST! in my opinion. The questions i felt helped me prepared and gave me confidence to sit for the board exam.
Disadvantages:
  • They could do a better job with the biostatistics chapter.

RXPREP
Advantages:
  • They give you everything about each and every drug. IN-DEPTH. ONLY source you probably need to be honest.
  • CALCULATIONS was very helpful.
  • If you are one of those who is well prepared through 4 years of pharmacy school, than this is the book you'd one to get. (I'll admit i was not!)
  • Majority of the students uses this book and passes.
  • Lectures are very informative!
  • Lots of practice questions which you do on the computer. They try to emulate the actual naplex experience I guess...........
  • I have spoke with Dr. Stephanie Garrett, and she was very helpful and wanted to do her best to help me pass the naplex.
  • Dr. Brown Biostatistics lecture was worth it!! It helped me prepared for that portion of the exam.
  • They underline throughout the book what you must know!!!!!
Disadvantages:
  • IN-DEPTH. Too much detail for me*.
  • Lectures were not as interesting in my opinion* as Dr. Goldie and Ali for PNN.
  • Personally, I prefer having question bank in a booklet.
  • Takes about a month to go over the lectures.
  • Lots of errors throughout the book, BUT they update it online! YOU MUST keep up with the update.

I have been trying to pass the naplex since July 2015. I finally passed and it took me a year but definitely worth it. Personally I felt PASSNAPLEXNOW was by far the best course i have taken. I took Rxprep, but it just didnt work out for me. I was not able to retain the information from Rxprep. I felt overwhelmed with so much of information. Unlike Rxprep, PNN lectures were straight to the point of what you need to know for the exam.

How I prepared for the exam?
The first 2 times i failed i was using RXPREP book quizzes lectures, which is what MAJORITY of the students uses and passes on first try. And i must agree, it is the only source you need to pass.
Unfortunately my score: Pre-Naplex: Did not take it. Actual: 68, 68 both times :'(. It was not to do with the book, but more that i just was not getting well prepared and not retaining information. I also was running out of time during the exam :(
Total time spent studying: 4-5 months.

I thought of giving PNN a chance. I went through all of the lectures in 7 days! Than I studied for about a month before i went through the lectures once again. During my last 2 weeks before the board exam, I just did the question bank and looked over the following: Biostatistics, Compouding, HIV, Cancer, and ID.
PreNaplex: 77 , Actual score: 90. I am more than happy with this score. I was depressed after i had failed the first 2 time...lost my pharmacist position i was offered... no money etc...
Total time spent studying: 2 months.

I have a created notecards on quizlet of all the drugs from RXPREP with brand generic which was very helpful. I would go through it on my phone when i go for a walk. I also have lots of notecards i have collected from other folks that have prepared it.

Pre-NAPLEX: Pre-naplex’s were really helpful to gauge the pace of the exam. This is important for the actual naplex because you only have about 1 minutes per question. It helps you get familiarize with the format of the actual naplex.

Calculation: I used SDN 120 (VERY HELPFUL), RXPREP, and PNN. It was more than enough for the actual naplex. I was unsure of maybe 4-5 math questions the most on the actual. Most of the questions were flow rates, CrCl, BMI etc. Majority of what others have said in this forum.

Naplex: my majority of the exam consisted of Biostatistics (~10), Compounding (~10), ID, Cancer, and HIV. Its very imporant to know the brand name of the drugs as well.

Last edited:
May 19, 2015
Status
Pharmacist
PassNaplexNow
Advantages:
  • Dr. Goldie and Dr. Ali does a fantastic job with the lecture. They teach you in a way that helps you retain information. They give you brilliant mnenomics to memorize the difficult things, and the emphasis they put on a specific drugs during lectures helps alot!! I personally felt the lectures are straight to the point of what you need to know for the exam. They have LIVE LECTURES (I did not attend any), and ONLINE LECTURES. I only bought the online lectures so that i can go over it at my convenience. First time i went through it in 7 days.
  • They provide question bank booklet. They have the same question online as well if you want to practice that way. THIS ARE MUST! in my opinion. The questions i felt helped me prepared and gave me confidence to sit for the board exam.
Disadvantages:

RXPREP
Advantages:
  • They give you everything about each and every drug. IN-DEPTH. ONLY source you probably need to be honest.
  • If you are one of those who is well prepared through 4 years of pharmacy school, than this is the book you'd one to get. (I'll admit i was not!)
  • Lots of practice questions which you do on the computer. They try to emulate the actual naplex experience I guess...........
  • I have spoke with Dr. Stephanie Garrett, and she was very helpful and wanted to do her best to help me pass the naplex.
  • Dr. Brown Biostatistics lecture was worth it!! It helped me prepared for that portion of the exam.
Disadvantages:
  • Lectures were not as interesting in my opinion* as Dr. Goldie and Ali for PNN.
  • Lots of errors throughout the book, BUT they update it online! YOU MUST keep up with the update.

I have been trying to pass the naplex since July 2015. I finally passed and it took me a year but definitely worth it. Personally I felt PASSNAPLEXNOW was by far the best course i have taken. I took Rxprep, but it just didnt work out for me. I was not able to retain the information from Rxprep. I felt overwhelmed with so much of information. Unlike Rxprep, PNN lectures were straight to the point of what you need to know for the exam.

The first 2 times i failed i was using RXPREP book quizzes lectures, which is what MAJORITY of the students uses and passes on first try. And i must agree, it is the only source you need to pass.
Unfortunately my score: Pre-Naplex: Did not take it. Actual: 68, 68 both times :'(. It was not to do with the book, but more that i just was not getting well prepared and not retaining information. I also was running out of time during the exam :(

I thought of giving PNN a chance. I went through all of the lectures in 7 days! Than I studied for about a month before i went through the lectures once again. During my last 2 weeks before the board exam, I just did the question bank and looked over the following: Biostatistics, Compouding, HIV, Cancer, and ID.
PreNaplex: 77 , Actual score: 90. I am more than happy with this score. I was depressed after i had failed the first 2 time...lost my pharmacist position i was offered... no money etc...

I have a created notecards on quizlet of all the drugs from RXPREP with brand generic which was very helpful. I would go through it on my phone when i go for a walk. I also have lots of notecards i have collected from other folks that have prepared it.

Pre-NAPLEX: Pre-naplex’s were really helpful to gauge the pace of the exam. This is important for the actual naplex because you only have about 1 minutes per question. It helps you get familiarize with the format of the actual naplex.

Calculation: I used SDN 120 (VERY HELPFUL), RXPREP, and PNN. It was more than enough for the actual naplex. I was unsure of maybe 4-5 math questions the most on the actual. Most of the questions were flow rates, CrCl, BMI etc. Majority of what others have said in this forum.

Naplex: my majority of the exam consisted of Biostatistics (~10), Compounding (~10), ID, Cancer, and HIV. Its very imporant to know the brand name of the drugs as well.

I am selling my stuff. Please message me if you are interested. They are in fair condition (highlighted/stuff written). Willing to negotiate the price if you are interested in any of my materials.

My email is [email protected]

PharmAim

7+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2010
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
PassNaplexNow
Advantages:
Disadvantages:

RXPREP
Advantages:
Disadvantages:

I am selling my stuff. Please message me if you are interested. They are in fair condition (highlighted/stuff written). Willing to negotiate the price if you are interested in any of my materials.

Congratulations on passing Naplex!!! Was PNN compounding material sufficient for Naplex? I am interested in buying some of the materials. Please pm me. I was trying to pm you but it's not working.

OP
A

ashjpate

7+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2011
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Congratulations on passing Naplex!!! Was PNN compounding material sufficient for Naplex? I am interested in buying some of the materials. Please pm me. I was trying to pm you but it's not working.
Hey! I hope you recieved my message i sent you. If you had not please provide me your email address.

OP
A

ashjpate

7+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2011
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
hey! Thanks.

I made my own notes for ID. I was able to condensed down all of ID stuff in 1 page (front and back). I made things easier for myself for both oncology and ID chapters. Rxprep and PNN are both great for ID.

NAPLEXCPJE2014

5+ Year Member
Apr 13, 2014
hey! Thanks.

I made my own notes for ID. I was able to condensed down all of ID stuff in 1 page (front and back). I made things easier for myself for both oncology and ID chapters. Rxprep and PNN are both great for ID.
Thanks a lot! I am referring ID from PNN but unable to remember anything. In what order you studied this chapter? Not able to send you a PM. I guess you have turned that off.

OP
A

ashjpate

7+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2011
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
How do i turn that on?? i have been able to recieve messages back and forth from others.

i studied the drugs alone first before the ID treatment afterwards.

Aug 2, 2016
Status
Pharmacy Student
PassNaplexNow
Advantages:
Disadvantages:

RXPREP
Advantages:
Disadvantages:

OP
A

ashjpate

7+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2011
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
hey UNC I have messaged you. Please check msg. Thankx.

OP
A

ashjpate

7+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2011
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
hey yes i have it. Did you still want it? check your msg.

Dec 26, 2015
Status
Pharmacy Student
I agree with ashjpate on the comparison between the 2 books. I ordered 2016 rxprep well in advance thinking this would be my go source for naplex/CPJE but i ended up going with PassNaplexNow since many of my friends had recommended them to me. I am glad I did! I scored 115 on naplex and wating on CPJE result. I am selling my 2016 course book + charts + CPJE law review book if anyone is interested please pm me and I can provide more info/pictures. Thanks!

Aug 16, 2016
Status
Non-Student
PassNaplexNow
Advantages:
Disadvantages:

RXPREP
Advantages:
Disadvantages:

Excellent review.

Reactions: Devochka25
May 24, 2016
Status
Pharmacy Student
PassNaplexNow
Advantages:
Disadvantages:

RXPREP
Advantages:
Disadvantages:

Jul 22, 2016
hey guys i still have my stuff if anyone is interested. please message me.
hello ashjpate, i am currently in the same situation that you went through , i would like to use your notes if they are still available. let me know how i can have them. thank you so much

Feb 5, 2016
Status
Pharmacy Student
PassNaplexNow
Advantages:
Disadvantages:

RXPREP
Advantages:
Disadvantages:

Hi , thank you so much for your post, it's really encouraging. I have a question, I am also using PNN course, all I have received is a main book, question bank book and online videos, what is this chart booklet?is it different from the main book or it's the same? Thank you, will appreciate your response

Feb 5, 2016
Status
Pharmacy Student
I agree with ashjpate on the comparison between the 2 books. I ordered 2016 rxprep well in advance thinking this would be my go source for naplex/CPJE but i ended up going with PassNaplexNow since many of my friends had recommended them to me. I am glad I did! I scored 115 on naplex and wating on CPJE result. I am selling my 2016 course book + charts + CPJE law review book if anyone is interested please pm me and I can provide more info/pictures. Thanks!
Hi, can u tell me more about the charts ? Are these provided by PNN along with course book for NAPLEX?can u show a picture of any chart? Thanks

meanrx

7+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2012
Status
Pharmacy Student
Ashjpate
Can you please share your notes with me? I tried to pm but it's not letting me message you for some reason

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Nov 4, 2016
Status
Pharmacist
Hi how is your studying.
I have question about PNN. I started studying science October from RxPrep. It is good but has a lot of details. I just finished the first 550pages but stil I cannot remember anything. I am thinking to buy PNN and study from it. What do you thing about it?
The key is to go through the material more than once. I watched the videos and read the book from cover to cover and by the end I felt the same exact way- overwhelmed and like I didn't know anything or what I read was so long ago I couldn't remember what I had learned. My suggestion is read everything! Watch the videos if you have them available to you. (you can use http://www.enounce.com/myspeed to speed up the videos cause some of the ppl talk hella slow) That gives you a base. Then go back and make your own notes. By doing that I promise material will begin to stick. Once you review a chapter, DO THE QUIZ BANK. Whatever you missed, add it to your notes. The quiz bank helps clarify things you may not have realized from reading. IT IS EXTREMELY beneficial. I played with the idea of buying PNN and when I saw what it costs I was like yeah... no lol. RxPrep is COMPLETE. All the material you need to know is there. Hope this is helpful :)

linh89

7+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2012
Georgia
Status
Pharmacy Student, Pharmacist
Hi Ashjpate,

I'm preparing for Naplex this June 16th but I feel overwhelm with marterial from RxPrep. Right now that's the only source I use, and it will be my first attempt for the Naplex.
Do you think the online course is helpful or only few of them I should listen to lecture online? If so, which are the important lecture I should listen online? It's very time consuming so I'm planing to read the lecture and do the quiz and skip the online lecture.
I also made a Quizlet with brand name and generic only. Do you think it will be enough to do well with drugs name or I should know more about allergy, side effects in general as well?

Thanks for your input
Linh Nguyễn
PS: Could you share your ID and oncology note please? I'm weak on those two, my email is [email protected]