Passport Sized Pictures

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dl2dp2

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it ok for me to use a cropped version of a regular picture instead of the commercial passport picture? they are so costily and don't turn out very well anyway. i have one semi-decent pic in a 24-roll and i was thinking perhaps i could make prints. the trouble is i don't know if on the picture i need to be really conservative looking or anything nice is ok?

thoughts? also is a color-jet printed picture on regular paper acceptable??

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by sluox
Is it ok for me to use a cropped version of a regular picture instead of the commercial passport picture?

I think that's fine. I used the Kodak PictureMaker from a local CVS to duplicate my high school yearbook picture. It cost me $6.99 to print a sheet with 16 passport-size photos. I've also seen a lot of half-off coupons for the PictureMaker. Check the Sunday paper.

It's also OK to print out the photo with your printer if the quality is good. I did that for the NYU application on a color laser printer from my school.

this is what i did:

1) scan a picture of yourself in.
2) Create a table in MS word w/ 12-16 boxes (depending on how many photos u want)
3) Insert the scanned photo into each box.
4) save it onto a Zip Disk, burn a CD, or save it as an Adobe Acrobat File (to make the file size small)
5) take that disk to a printing store. Staples has a good color printer that'll cost $5 setup and $1/sheet printed. So, for $10, u'd have 50+ color pictures.