sluox

15+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2002
Status
  1. Attending Physician
Is it ok for me to use a cropped version of a regular picture instead of the commercial passport picture? they are so costily and don't turn out very well anyway. i have one semi-decent pic in a 24-roll and i was thinking perhaps i could make prints. the trouble is i don't know if on the picture i need to be really conservative looking or anything nice is ok?

thoughts? also is a color-jet printed picture on regular paper acceptable??

jkai

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2002
PA
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by sluox
Is it ok for me to use a cropped version of a regular picture instead of the commercial passport picture?

I think that's fine. I used the Kodak PictureMaker from a local CVS to duplicate my high school yearbook picture. It cost me $6.99 to print a sheet with 16 passport-size photos. I've also seen a lot of half-off coupons for the PictureMaker. Check the Sunday paper.

It's also OK to print out the photo with your printer if the quality is good. I did that for the NYU application on a color laser printer from my school.

Yogi Bear

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2001
Visit site
Status
this is what i did:

1) scan a picture of yourself in.
2) Create a table in MS word w/ 12-16 boxes (depending on how many photos u want)
3) Insert the scanned photo into each box.
4) save it onto a Zip Disk, burn a CD, or save it as an Adobe Acrobat File (to make the file size small)
5) take that disk to a printing store. Staples has a good color printer that'll cost $5 setup and $1/sheet printed. So, for $10, u'd have 50+ color pictures.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads