1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Passport Sized Pictures

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by sluox, Aug 1, 2002.

1. sluox

Physician 10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Is it ok for me to use a cropped version of a regular picture instead of the commercial passport picture? they are so costily and don't turn out very well anyway. i have one semi-decent pic in a 24-roll and i was thinking perhaps i could make prints. the trouble is i don't know if on the picture i need to be really conservative looking or anything nice is ok?

thoughts? also is a color-jet printed picture on regular paper acceptable??

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jkai

jkai Member
    7+ Year Member

I think that's fine. I used the Kodak PictureMaker from a local CVS to duplicate my high school yearbook picture. It cost me $6.99 to print a sheet with 16 passport-size photos. I've also seen a lot of half-off coupons for the PictureMaker. Check the Sunday paper.

It's also OK to print out the photo with your printer if the quality is good. I did that for the NYU application on a color laser printer from my school.

4. Bikini Princess

7+ Year Member

sloux, i pm'ed you.

5. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear 2K Member
    7+ Year Member

this is what i did:

1) scan a picture of yourself in.
    2) Create a table in MS word w/ 12-16 boxes (depending on how many photos u want)
    3) Insert the scanned photo into each box.
    4) save it onto a Zip Disk, burn a CD, or save it as an Adobe Acrobat File (to make the file size small)
    5) take that disk to a printing store. Staples has a good color printer that'll cost $5 setup and $1/sheet printed. So, for $10, u'd have 50+ color pictures.