Past applicants that applied with Aug MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Apparition

1K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
My application is about ready to be submitted but I'm not sure whether I should apply after yesterday's MCAT. Those of you guys who applied with Aug MCAT, how did you know? I don't feel I did well. What were your expectations after the MCAT and how did they compare to your actual scores? I'm afraid that having spent so much time and money applying, I will log in to see my scores in October and realize that it was a waste. I'm trying to decide today. I appreciate any input.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, I agree.

Members don't see this ad :)
After MCAT day I thought I failed and got below average, but when i received my score it was higher than I expected. All my friends did better than they expected and a couple points higher than on TPR practice. Do not wait apply ASAP, and if you have not mailed your transcripts do it tomorrow: it will take them at least 4 weeks to process. :luck:

On the MCAT day I thought I did horrible. It was a constant thunderstorm all day, and I swear the testing center must have had a tin roof because all I could hear was rain pounding on the roof the entire time. Anyways, I came out with a decent 30, but didn't get accepted last year and am applying this year to a wider range of schools. Just apply - if you don't get in, you can always do it again next year.