Past postbaccers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tres_chicMD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congratulations to all of you that have gotten accepted to medical school. To those of you who have been accepted, which one of you did an academic record enchancement postbac program before applying? What MD schools did you apply to and who gave you interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

I would post this also in the post bac forum to get some more hits! :idea:

tres_chicMD said:
Congratulations to all of you that have gotten accepted to medical school. To those of you who have been accepted, which one of you did an academic record enchancement postbac program before applying? What MD schools did you apply to and who gave you interviews?

Hi,

I went through the MEDPREP program at SIU to boost my GPA and MCAT scores. I applied and interviewed at both SIU's and Indiana's postbac but chose SIU because it is more established and has a pretty good acceptance rate (shown by the competitive application process for the program). I only applied to the IL schools and interviewed at 5 of the 7 med schools. Another program to consider would be the one at Finch/RF, which seems pretty similar to the one at Indiana. If you are applying this time around, U of I has a postbac that you have to be invited to apply to if they do not feel that you are ready for med school yet. Hope this helps a little, good luck with everything!

ldona said:
Hi,

I went through the MEDPREP program at SIU to boost my GPA and MCAT scores. I applied and interviewed at both SIU's and Indiana's postbac but chose SIU because it is more established and has a pretty good acceptance rate (shown by the competitive application process for the program). I only applied to the IL schools and interviewed at 5 of the 7 med schools. Another program to consider would be the one at Finch/RF, which seems pretty similar to the one at Indiana. If you are applying this time around, U of I has a postbac that you have to be invited to apply to if they do not feel that you are ready for med school yet. Hope this helps a little, good luck with everything!

I am attending SIU's post bac this summer. It has a really good reputation, and if you are interested you should look into it.