PAT and QR scores okay?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MK9595

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently took the DAT and did well on RC and the sciences (23AA/25TS) but I got QR 18 and PAT 19. I really regret not practicing for PAT consistently. Will QR and PAT scores negatively impact me? I'm not sure how much they are weighted.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Dude you killed the other sections of the DAT, I honestly think you will be fine. I am a little worried for myself because I got similar QR and PAT scores as you, but a lower AA. If your GPA is fine, I would say you got nothing to worry about!

Reactions: 1 user
Dude you killed the other sections of the DAT, I honestly think you will be fine. I am a little worried for myself because I got similar QR and PAT scores as you, but a lower AA. If your GPA is fine, I would say you got nothing to worry about!
My GPA is on the lower end with 3.16 sgpa and 3.45 cgpa. I tried to make up for it with the DAT but the QR & PAT are still making me bit uneasy.
You still have a really good DAT score paired with a great gpa. I guess we're kinda in the same boat with QR & PAT but I wish us the best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
My GPA is on the lower end with 3.16 sgpa and 3.45 cgpa. I tried to make up for it with the DAT but the QR & PAT are still making me bit uneasy.
You still have a really good DAT score paired with a great gpa. I guess we're kinda in the same boat with QR & PAT but I wish us the best of luck!

From what I can gather from people, QR is really the least important section of the DAT; I am not sure about PAT, but I still think that your AA is overall really competitive. I think the DAT is only worth retaking if you know you can do better; and your DAT score puts you in the 98th percentile

Sure 18 and 19 are not stellar, but I heard one or two sections between 17 and 19 can be forgiven if all else looks good, and you had the DAT once and done. Below 17 is usually the danger zone.

From what I can gather from people, QR is really the least important section of the DAT; I am not sure about PAT, but I still think that your AA is overall really competitive. I think the DAT is only worth retaking if you know you can do better; and your DAT score puts you in the 98th percentile

Oh okay! Thanks for letting me know! I guess I will also be calling some dental schools to ease my mind, especially about the PAT score. I'll let you know if I find out anything more.

Sure 18 and 19 are not stellar, but I heard one or two sections between 17 and 19 can be forgiven if all else looks good, and you had the DAT once and done. Below 17 is usually the danger zone.

Ah that gives me hope. I hope many schools are forgiving of my scores as well. Thanks for replying!