PAT and RC: acheiver versus 2009 ADA versus real DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentalkid434

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN community,

I am taking the DAT in a few days and am most nervous about the RC and PAT sections.

For those who took the DAT more recently (within 2-3 weeks ago) how do those sections compare with that of the Acheiever and the 2009 ADA?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello SDN community,

I am taking the DAT in a few days and am most nervous about the RC and PAT sections.

For those who took the DAT more recently (within 2-3 weeks ago) how do those sections compare with that of the Acheiever and the 2009 ADA?

Thanks in advance!
I took my DAT July 5, 2012

Achiever is significantly harder than the real DAT in all categories. Use it more for information than learning how to take the test or figuring out your timing.

I did think it helped my PAT score though because it trained my eye for the really obscure ones. I ended up getting a 22 on the real thing, but I also used CrackPAT and Top Score in conjunction with achiever.

For RC, the middle passages with lots of calculations did not reflect the real DAT. I would use something like top score to get a better gauge of what the real RC is like.