PAT Hole Punch Grid & Cube Counting Table Preparation...enough whiteboard space?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Member 8586

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know many people say to write out the grids for your hole punch and the tables for your cube counting during the orientation which is probably what i am going to do....but I also fear running out of "paper" or basically whiteboard for the genchem or ochem sections....is this a viable fear? i know when i do destroyer problems in gc and oc, i need to write a lot....not so much for the qvault problems though......so basically do you guys end up having enough whiteboard space for the sciences? i can probably fit the grids and tables on 1 page ...so is 3 pages of whiteboard enough for the sciences?

Members don't see this ad.

So a lot of prometric centers are switching over to wet erase markers that are very very fine. They give you two boards, which are laminated so you can use both the front and the back. When I say the markers are fine, they are really fine. You have plenty of room to make grids and tables for PAT. You can always raise your hand when a proctor walks by and switch out a board in the middle of the section. You can also exchange your boards during the break after PAT. I honestly didn't even use the boards that much for GC or OC and had a lot of extra space. In fact, I reserved one board for PAT (front and back) and the other board for GC and OC (front and back). And again, I switched them out during the break.

However, I don't think all the centers have switched to this new wet erase system yet. I know some of them are still using dry erase. You should call your prometric center to ask what type they have. Then you can figure out how you want to practice. The new system is actually bomb for the QR section, because you waste so much time erasing.

try to do the holes in your mind. i know it is hard at first, but the more u do the better u willg et and even use postits and punch holes throug it when u dont get something. its long an tedious at first but now i can now things quickly.

use the scrap for cube counting.