PAT Section - Best way to prepare?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JerseyGirl83

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am having a lot of difficulty with this particular section.. anybody have any tips? Are there any good study guides for this section? I am currently using Barrons for this, but I just can't seem to improve. I find the cube counting easy, but the rest are killing me. With the science sections I can study the material more, but with this section I just don't know what more I can do.

Members don't see this ad.

JerseyGirl83 said:
I am having a lot of difficulty with this particular section.. anybody have any tips? Are there any good study guides for this section? I am currently using Barrons for this, but I just can't seem to improve. I find the cube counting easy, but the rest are killing me. With the science sections I can study the material more, but with this section I just don't know what more I can do.

I've heard from other people that getting as many different sources of preparation is the best way to go with this particular section. DAT Achiever (I think?) has the 3d images too, that might help visualizing things. It's also supposed to be harder than the real thing, which means good practice.

Good luck. :thumbup:

Could you be more specific with what your weakneses are? List them in the order of importance/priorities so the SDNers may come in and address these accordingly...

Try doing some origami for the paper folding, hole punching questions. When I first started doing the PAT I was horrible at paper folding, keyholes, and hole punching. I did origami for TWO nights and had a breakthrough...the hole punching was much easier and it also helped with folding. Also, for folding try a trick that I think cowsgomoo mentioned...wrap the unfolded form around the answer choices. That helped me a lot.