Path and Pharm Shelf/Miniboard NMBE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Muchacha87

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am a month away from finishing my second year and am really struggling. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel but scared I might not finish ok. One of the pre-requisites to finish the year is to get above a 70 on both Path and Pharm Miniboard/Shelf exams. I SUCK at standardized tests and consistently always get in the high 60s. With a month left, I want to know what you guys would recommend studying for each one to be able to pass. I hear doing questions are good but which ones?

What has worked for your????

THANKS SO MUCH!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

I am a month away from finishing my second year and am really struggling. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel but scared I might not finish ok. One of the pre-requisites to finish the year is to get above a 70 on both Path and Pharm Miniboard/Shelf exams. I SUCK at standardized tests and consistently always get in the high 60s. With a month left, I want to know what you guys would recommend studying for each one to be able to pass. I hear doing questions are good but which ones?

What has worked for your????

THANKS SO MUCH!

hey i just took both of those shelf exams a week or two ago (the NBME shelf exaxms). Definitely doing questions is a good but first i'd go back and review all of the things you think you need more review on or if its just been a long tie sinve youve studied it. If you can get through everything, then great! But if not, then at least you will have reviewed the stuff you needed the most work on. For path, Goljan was my best friend, but I had also been using it throughout the entire year. It may be a bit much to just start reading now for your shelf exams. For pharm, kaplan pharm (plus the videos) was really really good and representative of what you will see on the exam.

In terms of questions, if you have a qbank like kaplan or Uworld then definitely use those questions!!!

I only had 4 days for each to study so what I did was used the first 3 days to review as much material as possible and used the last day to dedicate to questions.

Good luck!

I haven't had path and pharm yet, but for anatomy, histology, and neuro I used BRS and High Yield and did well. Many of the questions on the exam were very similar to those that were in BRS. Path/pharm might be different, but if you haven't tried BRS/High Yield I recommend them.