1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Path Residency Question for Great Pumpkin

Discussion in 'Pathology' started by The Brain, Aug 6, 2002.

1. The Brain

The Brain New Member

Hey. I'm a current(ie. new) psych intern at a large, prestigious program which shall remain nameless and I'm having some career second thoughts. I was actually waffling between psych(eventually going into neuropsych), neurology, or neuropathology and I picked psych. I'm now reconsidering and looking back into neuropathology. Being a current path resident, what would you give my chances of matching alright if I go through the match again this year? I have solid board scores but I didn't have any path letters of recommendation when I applied the first time. Would you recommend taking some time off prior to applying and doing some path research first? I understand that I probably wouldn't match into a path program at an equal level of prestige to the psych program that I'm at now(relatively speaking), but my goal would be to match to at least an upper-mid tier path program. Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. GreatPumpkin

GreatPumpkin Mystical Treatbringer
    10+ Year Member

Non-Student
    You shouldn't have any real problems switching. My program with I would classify as a upper mid level program takes folks just like you all the time. I wouldn't take time off.

Neuropath is a relatively easy fellowship to get into right now as well.

Good luck.