patho q

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

missiondds

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
During repair, tissue that has undergone coagulation necrosis is removed primarily by:

a.Autolysis.
b.Foreign body giant cells
c.Neutrophils.
d.Macrophages.
e.Eosinophils.

Members don't see this ad.

During repair, tissue that has undergone coagulation necrosis is removed primarily by:

a.Autolysis.
c.Neutrophils.
d.Macrophages.
e.Eosinophils.

It should be c.For ex Coagulative necrosis occur in heart during myocardial infarction .Tissue surrounding infarct shows acute inflammation which begins neutrophil emigration.There will be granulation tissue and scar formation after 5-10 days of necrosis.

a.Autolysis.
c.Neutrophils.
d.Macrophages.
e.Eosinophils.

It should be c.For ex Coagulative necrosis occur in heart during myocardial infarction .Tissue surrounding infarct shows acute inflammation which begins neutrophil emigration.There will be granulation tissue and scar formation after 5-10 days of necrosis.

the answer is macrophages... though this question looks simple its needs the understanding that macrophages are essentially associated with clearing dead n decaying debris... while neutrphils the first line of defense associated with inflammatory intiation. giant cells are nothing but macrophages that have fused each other after engulfing debris/intracellular bacteria like tuberclosis..

Members don't see this ad :)
i agree ans should be macrophages

6) The sympathetic innervation to structures of the head and neck is distributed via the

a.blood vessels
b.fascial planes
c.lymphatic vessles
d.hyoid musculature
e.cranial nerves III,VII.IX & X

hey guys what do u think is the answer

blood vessels can be ans from these options as post ganglionic sympathetic release NE which is also release by adrenal medulla in blood, but affect in case of sympathetic system is more specific

blood vessels can be ans from these options as post ganglionic sympathetic release ne which is also release by adrenal medulla in blood, but affect in case of sympathetic system is more specific

well they are simply asking the distribution of sympathetic nerves course in h and n region....

I agree that the answer is blood vessels.. Had seen this question else where where the answer was posted as cn nerves 3/7/9 etc .. I think thats appicable for parasympathetic

nice to see you guys discuessing here. I need ur help .i have started my part 1 preprations bt really confused abt the textbooks to use for this. I have Kaplan review and Review of Dentistry for textbooks ,dental decks, all question banks including kaplan question papers.I am nt confidant for reading only decks n questions.Plz can u suggest me some tips I really nedd ur help.
Bye tc.keep it up with ur studies.

a.Autolysis.
c.Neutrophils.
d.Macrophages.
e.Eosinophils.

Last edited: