patho questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

incisorgirl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Individuals with severe ,uncomplicated emphysaema might be expected to show which of the following
a. cough
b chest pain
c.normal or increased TLC
D. difficulty during inspiration
ans c

.which of the following could be beneficial in reducing edema in the arms who have had radical mastectomy with the removal of axial lymph nodes?
a.hypertensive agents
b.removal of all diuretic agents
cincreased interstitial oncotic pressure
d. decreased interstitial hydrostatic pressure
e.administration of plasma vol. expander
ans e

could somebody plz explain why these are the answers???????????????????

which of the following is thought to be of most significance in the etiology of microangiopathy in uncontrolled diabetes
a. genetics
b.hypertension
c.blood glucose levels
d.hyperlipidaemia and hypercholestrolaemia
d direct effect of insulin deficiency on endothelium

Members don't see this ad.

Individuals with severe ,uncomplicated emphysaema might be expected to show which of the following
a. cough
b chest pain
D. difficulty during inspiration
ans c

.which of the following could be beneficial in reducing edema in the arms who have had radical mastectomy with the removal of axial lymph nodes?
a.hypertensive agents
ans e

which of the following is thought to be of most significance in the etiology of microangiopathy in uncontrolled diabetes
a. genetics
b.hypertension
c.blood glucose levels
d.hyperlipidaemia and hypercholestrolaemia
d direct effect of insulin deficiency on endothelium

1.ANSWER- c.normal or increased TLC
Emphysema is a COPD disorder and it is charecterised by hyperinflation of lungs with flattened diaphram which means increase in total lung capacity(TLC).
a. cough- may or may not be
b chest pain-
no
D. difficulty during inspiration-
prlonged expiration

2. Sorry no idea

3.ANSWER- c.blood glucose levels
Advanced glycation end-products (AGEs) result from a reaction between carbohydrates and the free amino groups of proteins, lipids, and DNA.AGEs also named glycotoxins are found in excess in pathological situations such as diabetes mellitus, renal failure, and aging or after absorption of food containing glycated products.These age's deposite on vessel wall and lead to destruction.

a.hypertensive agents
ans e

the correct choice to this answer is e cause when u administer plasma volume expander then it cause increase in blood colloidal osmotic pressure(which is one of the pressure that opposes filteration).now blood colloidal osmotic pressure is due to presence of plasma proteins in blood plasma(albumin,globulin and fibrinogen) which are too lare to pass thru endothelial capsular membrane and so remain in the glomerular capillaries.hence with the action of osmotic pressure,liquid has to move towards where blood has higher concentration of proteins, hence it moves back into the glomerular capillaries.hence reducing edema.
hope tat helps!!

hey....
i hv 1 doubt in da decks....
Q.an uncommon inherited metabolic disorder which leads 2 "brittle bones" dat predisposes 2 #s is called
a)fibrous dysplasia
b)osteogenesis imperfecta
c)albers-schonberg disease
d)achondroplasia

da ans is c....
but i think its b.....
coz in b drz brittle bones charactersistic feature along vth others....
but in choice (c) da bone is denser... den y brittle bone???

cud any1 plz help vth dis......
wud appreciate.....
thanks inadvance.....

Members don't see this ad :)
hey....
i hv 1 doubt in da decks....
Q.an uncommon inherited metabolic disorder which leads 2 "brittle bones" dat predisposes 2 #s is called
a)fibrous dysplasia
b)osteogenesis imperfecta
c)albers-schonberg disease
d)achondroplasia

da ans is c....
but i think its b.....
coz in b drz brittle bones charactersistic feature along vth others....
but in choice (c) da bone is denser... den y brittle bone???

cud any1 plz help vth dis......
wud appreciate.....
thanks inadvance.....

The only reason i could think of is because of the word UNCOMMON...OI is not a rare disease.
Albers-Schonberg disease
is listed as a "rare disease" by the Office of Rare Diseases (ORD) of the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This means that Albers-Schonberg disease, or a subtype of Albers-Schonberg disease, affects less than 200,000 people in the US population.

The only reason i could think of is because of the word UNCOMMON...OI is not a rare disease.
Albers-Schonberg disease
is listed as a "rare disease" by the Office of Rare Diseases (ORD) of the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This means that Albers-Schonberg disease, or a subtype of Albers-Schonberg disease, affects less than 200,000 people in the US population.

...hey perennialdent...
thanks a ton!!!!:) :) :thumbup:

hi perennialdent...
have u given ur exam .from where did u study for the exam.u r too good in solving the ?s.good explanation too.can i have ur id /number so that i can contact u if i have any doubts.

hi perennialdent...
have u given ur exam .from where did u study for the exam.u r too good in solving the ?s.good explanation too.can i have ur id /number so that i can contact u if i have any doubts.

hi mrsraghava,
thanks for ur compliments. i have just started studying for the board exam and just completed pathology. I used kaplan review, decks and past paper just as everyone. I also browse online bout the topic. About my mail id, u can mail me at [email protected]. but i just thought if u posted the questions in the forum may be we will get different kind of responses and we could compare the answers.
thanks and good luck