Pathologists tops in thinking they are rich!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KeratinPearls

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
fig9.jpg

Interesting...Pathologists are tops in thinking they are rich. LOL.

im-rich-biatch.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, the numbers are so overwhelming. What's the margin of error, 5%?

I actually laughed when i saw the plastic surgeons being the lowest. They are probably in the top 5% of compensation. Just goes to show you that you are only "rich" if you "feel rich." Plastic surgeons see the real high roller plastic surgeons, and they see their high roller patients, and they feel like paupers.

This is just more evidence that money and income correlate essentially zero with whether you feel rich or not.

If you take the average pediatrician salary of maybe $140,000 and ask the average blue collar worker if they had a salary like that, would they feel rich, probably 80% would say yes. If you ask the average orthopod with an income of $500k+ if they would feel rich with a 140,000 salary, I suspect less than 10% would say yes.

Pretty soon Discovery Health Channel will start a series called "Behind the Microscope" focusing on the rise and fall of all us "rich" pathologists. The rise to the top from our humble beginnings looking in a microscope in our garages with our friends, the drugs, the women, the fall and finally our comeback.

Pretty soon Discovery Health Channel will start a series called "Behind the Microscope" focusing on the rise and fall of all us "rich" pathologists. The rise to the top from our humble beginnings looking in a microscope in our garages with our friends, the drugs, the women, the fall and finally our comeback.

I must have missed out on those parts. Damnit..

Wow, the numbers are so overwhelming. What's the margin of error, 5%?

I actually laughed when i saw the plastic surgeons being the lowest. They are probably in the top 5% of compensation. Just goes to show you that you are only "rich" if you "feel rich." Plastic surgeons see the real high roller plastic surgeons, and they see their high roller patients, and they feel like paupers.

This is just more evidence that money and income correlate essentially zero with whether you feel rich or not.

If you take the average pediatrician salary of maybe $140,000 and ask the average blue collar worker if they had a salary like that, would they feel rich, probably 80% would say yes. If you ask the average orthopod with an income of $500k+ if they would feel rich with a 140,000 salary, I suspect less than 10% would say yes.

Fully agree.

Another thing to think about: Perhaps the tone reflected in this forum isn't the tone reflected in reality? Maybe there are a lot of pathologists out there that feel they have a nice combo of solid compensation, working conditions, and lifestyle? People with that combo would be very included to feel they are "rich" compared to other physicians. Pathologist might have to put up with a job market where they can't name their location, but it could be more than offset by not having to work 70 hours weeks in the OR or spending all day managing type II diabetes.

I really feel uncomfortable with that picture of the shirtless african american male shackled holding up dollar bills. What is that supposed to mean? Why did you chose it? Is it supposed to be funny? Is it supposed to be political?

I really feel uncomfortable with that picture of the shirtless african american male shackled holding up dollar bills. What is that supposed to mean? Why did you chose it? Is it supposed to be funny? Is it supposed to be political?

That pic is a comedian.
Must not have ever seen Chappelle's show before he went crazy?

That pic is a comedian.

Dave Chappelle. I head many references to him but never saw his show before he went off the deep end. His humor was satirical race based humor, right? That explains the picture and puts it in a different context.

Thanks.

That pic is a comedian.

Yeah, that's Chapelle. He was in Con Air too, back in the day. His show aired on Comedy Central for a few years - really funny stuff, funny characters, etc. That line was one of his better-known ones from the show.

Dave Chappelle. I head many references to him but never saw his show before he went off the deep end. His humor was satirical race based humor, right? That explains the picture and puts it in a different context.

Thanks.

Wow.

Anyway- thought I'd make a correction- contrary to popular belief, he didn't go off the deep end.

If you have a healthy sense of humor, and have lived in the US long enough to understand American slang, politics, and culture, then perhaps you'll understand and thoroughly enjoy Dave Chappelle's genius.

Wow.

Anyway- thought I'd make a correction- contrary to popular belief, he didn't go off the deep end.

If you have a healthy sense of humor, and have lived in the US long enough to understand American slang, politics, and culture, then perhaps you'll understand and thoroughly enjoy Dave Chappelle's genius.

The story I remember is that he sort of took off to south sfrica without explanation in the middle of his show at a time where his following and status was rapidly rising. Most people would consider that a sign of mental instability. Sort of like if cam newton just left walkeed away from the nfl and went to Peru tomorrow. it may not mean he is crazy, but it certainly would be considered odd.

Is that image from his Rick James sketch?
Although I never watched his show, hearing about that and his bailage on life is how I know of him.

Wow.

He looked like he was battling some demons to me. I remember he was interviewed on a show called Inside the Actors Studio after he left Comedy Central and he seemed VERY depressed.

Con Air may be one of the best movies ever made. Cage's terrible accent makes the movie hilarious. "Put the bunny in the box."

this is a crack up.

The Pathologist figure is probably closer to 1% in reality.

i don't find this so surprising because i bet there is a HUGE age bias toward older guys/gals (60+) who made a s*** load of money back in the day. unless they panicked and bailed in the dot-com bust and 2008-2009 bust they ARE rich.