Pathology and Halloween

• Thread starter Deleted member 17408
  • Start date
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

Deleted member 17408

This is a strange question to ask, but what do you guys think of Halloween and Pathology. I know Halloween is a holiday and pathology is a medical science, but certain aspects of Pathology relate to Halloween. Maybe its because one isn't as emotionally attached with a pathological specimen versus a patient as in other medical fields that I can even make this comparison. How would it feel when doing an autopsy (with all the unsightly smells and blood), for example, versus seeing a dead corpse dummy on a gurney table in a haunted house. How do you guys feel about this?

I really love Halloween (it's my favorite holiday) and I was wondering how doing a pathology residency would affect this. Would I become distasteful of Halloween or would I enjoy it all the same?

Just a curious question from a fourth year medical student.

Members don't see this ad.

I obviously love Halloween. I don't associate my job and Halloween in any way that I can think of. Just wish I got a day off on Halloween hehe.

My absolute favorite holiday!

...but... interestingly I was at the London Dungeon last year (after my PSF) and found I was having a hard time stomaching it. I also do not watch gory or violent movies much anymore. Previously, a wax dummy doing whatever would never have turned my stomach, and I could recite numerous blood and guts movies. I do think that it is the exposure to autopsies (and the violence that medical people in general so often encounter) that has turned me off to fictional depictions of violence.

Mindy

Members don't see this ad :)
halloveen .....weelooks like an add compaign for pathology . btw Mindy, are you Mindaugas or just Mindy ( ;-) u know what I meen)

Mindolinaweenanina, actually....

;)

Nope, just a straight Mindy...

Mindy