pathology application/ IMG experience/SUNY Downstate?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

senea

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hallo,

Just recently found this forum, have learned couple new things from you guys.
Thank you!

I 've graduated in in 2000, now completing my masters in cell bio at UMASS.
Applied for 32 (!) programs, got 5 interviews, few more programs are still thinking...
The programs I liked most are UPitt and Cornell. Will interview soon at Baystate and AE Long Island Jewish Med Ct (New Hyde Park).

Last year interviewed at Henry Ford, St John Hosp, Wayne St (all Detroit), UTMB Galveston, NYU, UMAss - will be happy to share my opinion.

PLease let me know what you guys thin about SUNY Downstate Brooklyn?

Thanks,

Simon

Members don't see this ad.

I did not participate in match. One of the reasons I did not want to go for J visa, and had not time for S3. I used this year to pass S3, to publish couple of things, and to complete my core course for Masters.
10 interviews are more than enough!
Do you mind telling me were did you interview? What are your preferences?

GL,

S.

last year I was offered out-of-match position at HF and later, in AELI

Wolfe,

personally, i feel that IF you are happy at Alabama (i think that's the University you had mentioned), then you should happily sign the pre-match and do it with confidence.

With 10 interviews, they *say* that by numbers, you would match somewhere, but like you said, it's easy to feel a bit nervous i'm sure.

Either way, with any decision you make, just feel CONFIDENT in your choice and don't look back.

cheers and congrats!
-r