pathology electives during 4th year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brianbob99

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of doing a pathology residency after i finish med school (2005) and are looking for path electives to do next year. I am looking at programs in the Philly area and Texas. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the pathology program at Thomas Jefferson in Philly and if it would be a worth-while experience for me to spend a month out there and possible apply for residency next year? I was also wondering which program in Texas would be also a worthwhile experience? I was thinking of either UT in San Antonio or UT Southwestern Medical center in Dallas. If anyone has any information on these programs or suggestion of other programs that they enjoyed during their 4th year electives that would be great.

Members don't see this ad.

Just to add to my post, I was wodering if anyone out there has done elective rotations at UTSW, UT at San Antonio or even UAB in Alabama and their feelings about those 3 programs? If anyone has can you please respond to this post or my previous one. Thanks