pathology residency of Loma Linda Univ.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GATO

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know recent reputation about pathology residency of Loma Linda Univ. and Univ. of Southern California?
I checked scutwork.com. But no information there.

I will appreciate your information.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The chairman of pathology at Loma Linda is a strange bird. I think his name was Brian Bull. He had rather unusual interviewing tactics.

Aside from that, they're a smaller residency program (2-3 residents / year). You rotate at the university medical center & the Loma Linda VA, which is a shuttle ride away. I don't believe there are any fellowships, unless the CTTR fellowship is up & running. Drs. Cobb & Raza went there from USC, & both are really nice. I met them when I was rotating at USC as a medical student.

----- Antony

Members don't see this ad :)
there are a select group of people at both places who would be very fun to train with.

Not in same league as BWH/Stanford/JHU but in terms of getting a standard private prac job afterward I doubt either would hinder you much.

I will add the few Loma Linda residents Ive crossed glass with have impressed me, which is a far cry from going to conferences/board review sessions and spending a week long course with East Coast residents who think their farts dont smell.

USC residents I know have almost been all Chinese nationals, but again hard working, knowledgeable yet HUMBLE docs.