pathophysiology????????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ziffy 850

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions for study guides in pathophysiology???Something not too general, but not too detailed???

Members don't see this ad.

Give "Pathophysiology of Disease: An Introduction to Clinical Medicine" a try. It's a Lange book by McPhee et. al. I thought it was a pretty good text...not too detailed...not too skimpy. I found it especially useful for pre-reading a subject, and again as a refresher before exams. Good Luck!

Willamette

I agree w/Willamette. the Lange book is especially good for renal and cardiac pathophys.

Members don't see this ad :)
I personally don't really like the book because it leaves out some important pathophysiology for certain signs and symptoms for the other symptoms :(

I found "Pathophysiology for the Boards and Wards" by Ayla to be pretty good.

AlexRusso said:
I found "Pathophysiology for the Boards and Wards" by Ayla to be pretty good.

I second that. The book is awesome.

For cardiac pathophysiology you might also try "Pathophysiology of Heart Disease: A Collaborative Project of Medical Students and Faculty," by Leonard S. Lilly et. al. If all basic medical science texts were written with as much clarity and appropriate attention to detail, medical school would be a breeze! It was one of the only textbooks I read cover-to-cover these past two years.

Willamette

my personal opinion ... Pathophysiology of Disease by Ganong .... one of the LANGE series books

good stuff there if u wanna get a simple and direct approach to understanding the basic concepts of pathophysio

good revision before exams too ... quick and easy