Patient Care Technician or PEDS Jobs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZAZA67401

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do you become a patient care technician? Do you have to become a CNA first? I don't want to become a CNA, takes too much time. Or can you do the EMT certification and become a patient care technician? Basically, I want to find a job where I can work in peds and gain clinical experience, but I only have a biology degree and now at the end of the summer an EMT certification. If anyone has any advice or suggestions on either becoming a patient care technician or finding an opportunity in peds please let me know or write and tell me that it is not possible, or add anything else. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Is there a children's hospital near you? They might hire EMTs to work as patient care techs in the ED.

It varies from hospital to hospital regarding what type of cert they require for different jobs. Try checking out some of the hospitals near you and see what types of openings they have. Many hospitals now list job postings on their websites.

beanbean said:
Is there a children's hospital near you? They might hire EMTs to work as patient care techs in the ED.

It varies from hospital to hospital regarding what type of cert they require for different jobs. Try checking out some of the hospitals near you and see what types of openings they have. Many hospitals now list job postings on their websites.

this is true. I got my emt and work as an er tech. We have both an adult and pediatric ed and so I get to work with both kids and adults.