Patients starting to prefer vaccination at the dr office, not pharmacy. Gee I wonder why…

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JustFillIt

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Is it any surprise that the public is starting to reject the pharmacy? Maybe if these corporations would give us the time and resources needed to ESTABLISH MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS with the public they may feel differently.

a decade ago the public loved the retail pharmacy because we earned their trust through relationship building. We barely have the time to wave at someone anymore.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
(didn’t read article)

We have great uptake in our clinics — they’re mostly folks who can’t/don’t want to navigate a website to schedule an appointment and are used to calling their doctors’ office and reaching a person for an appt.

Also, CVS/Walgreens is where you go to get stabbed or mugged around here soooooo there’s that.

Is it any surprise that the public is starting to reject the pharmacy? Maybe if these corporations would give us the time and resources needed to ESTABLISH MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS with the public they may feel differently.

a decade ago the public loved the retail pharmacy because we earned their trust through relationship building. We barely have the time to wave at someone anymore.
Corporate be like: “meaningful relationships? Can that make your verify by promise time better? Why would we want to have meaningful relationship?”

Members don't see this ad :)
Everyone got their vaccines at the doctor's office for like a century before pharmacists had to do it.

Reactions: 1 users
Do you think patients develop meaningful relationships with burned out mid-levels at federally qualified health centers?

Do you think patients develop meaningful relationships with burned out mid-levels at federally qualified health centers?

I went to my PCP for a physical and then saw her again about 3 weeks later for something else. She told me "nice to meet you" at the second visit.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Just saying but I think it would be nice to have a designated room/area/office with a closed door for privacy sake. One thing I can't stand about retail/community setting is the "zoo"/caged animal experience (makes no sense with HIPAA either)

I went to my PCP for a physical and then saw her again about 3 weeks later for something else. She told me "nice to meet you" at the second visit.
Let’s be real that happens in retail too. I used to work in a high volume store (8-9k per week) and the reality is unless you do something memorable, I don’t remember most patients.

Let’s be real that happens in retail too. I used to work in a high volume store (8-9k per week) and the reality is unless you do something memorable, I don’t remember most patients.
I know but damn you better always remember NPs, MDs, RPhs, DMDs, DMV, etc. who are regulars

*As an RPh, kind of difficult having long winded meaningful conversations educating people who are delusional from the internet & misinformed by others given how thin we are all spread out (can you really control/correct everything that gets said in a pharmacy by staff and patients). After this whole pandemic experience, I would have no objection to censoring media on topics like healthcare for the stupid **** and biases that gets said and expressed by journalists, reporters, etc.

Last edited:
I know but damn you better always remember NPs, MDs, RPhs, DMDs, DMV, etc. who are regulars

*As an RPh, kind of difficult having long winded meaningful conversations educating people who are delusional from the internet & misinformed by others given how thin we are all spread out (can you really control/correct everything that gets said in a pharmacy by staff and patients). After this whole pandemic experience, I would have no objection to censoring media on topics like healthcare for the stupid **** and biases that gets said and expressed by journalists, reporters, etc.

Yeah but that’s like 20-40 people….

• Okay...
More than half of unvaccinated Americans would prefer to get a COVID-19 vaccination at their doctors' office, according to the results of a new national survey.
this isn’t anything new. There are percentage of people who don’t want to get vaccinated at a pharmacy, but that’s also the main reason they remain unvaccinated. I think overall, most people are comfortable getting vaccinated at the pharmacy and quite frankly find it more convenient to do so versus going to a physicians office, which usually requires making an appointment and potentially paying a copay for an office visit

My take, around 15 - 20 years ago, individual doctors offices stopped giving vaccines. They didn't want to deal with the expense, liability, wastage, or whatever. At this time, retail pharmacies stepped up to the plate and started giving vaccines. Retail pharmacies were far more convenient that navigating the health department when one's doctor wasn't giving the vaccine. Now fast foward today, there are very few individual doctor offices. Doctors are all employees working for corporations. These corporations, like retail pharmacies, see they can make good money giving vaccines, and the corporation is large enough to handle the expense, liability or wastage. So now that doctors are once again giving vaccinations, many patients prefer the privacy of being able to get it at their doctors office. Still, given that many people don't have a personal doctor, or don't like having to make an appointment a month in advance, there is always going to be many who still prefer a retail pharmacy for their vaccines.