Pattern folding question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Murl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I ran into a problem on CDP that was confusing. First of all which way do you fold the given object into it's conformation (away from you, toward you etc)? This particular one was a triangel with length, not like a pyramid, I think it is question 76 on test 1. If you fold it away from you, the answer is I think A. If you make the folds toward you the answer is B. Could someone clear this up? If someone will tell me how to post it on this forum I would be glad to just don't know how.

Members don't see this ad.

In the folding questions, the side shown is ALWAYS the outside of the completed structure. So here, you are folding away, and the answer is A.

Also, in CDP, if you click the "explanation" button, it will show you an animation of the object folding into the correct arrangement. Good luck!

i dont have the question now but never fold towards you. the rule is you always have to fold into the screen/paper.

Knowing this, hopefully my scores will get better! Thanks guys

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I practiced again last night with my wife, this is considered "quality time" now that I am studying day and night. I found it much easier when I folded the paper the right way.

I am good with most of the shapes and dice but those squares with the lines and diagonals are kicking my butt. Anyone have any advice on these. I did much better overall, I got 11/15 correct which is much better than I was doing before.