Paul Boutique: vacation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pebbles

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Paul's boutique
I just want to let you know I took your advise and took a small vacation.

Matter of fact:
Last Tuesday night I left for Colorado with some friends; stayed for 5 days. Went skiing for the first time. Had a great time and feel 95% better.
smile.gif

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds like you need another vacation! You've got 5% to go!

Good for you, Pebs... glad to see you've took some time to relax. You (all of us, actually) have to really fight for your own "free time"----to relax, decompress, etc. Noone will give it to you.

1st time skiing? How was it? If it was in Colorado, it must have been awesome!

Cheers!

How do your "butts" feel now though Pebble?
Going on this vacation may have done you more HARM than good, hehe.. just kidding!

You may want to try out the Devil slopes with your friends or fiance next time in the Poconos!

Invest in a good pair of skis and jacket, you'll be hooked on this exhilarating sport (I say it is only second best to medicine)

Members don't see this ad :)
I skiied at Keystone. Did mostly greens but got really good. In the first 5 minutes I did the spreads and heard my knee pop! My knee quietly pops when I bend it now, but it does't feel too bad. I think I hurt cartilage, no ligaments.

Did you guys know that buying last years models of skies (99's) you can get them for like 50 dollars (thats the low). Original price is around 600+. That is a 400-500% mark up. I was told the main difference between this years models and last years is the color.

This may be a dumb question but where is the Poconos? Do they have a web site, so you can set up a condo? I am interested.

Pebbles,

The Poconos Mountain Regions and the resort in Pennsylvania are a few of those spectacular places that you will someday have to check out. They have everything there from bed and breakfast, lodgings with heart-shaped jacuzzis, hiking trails, alpine skiing, breath-taking waterfalls, and a gazillion other point of interests and things to do that I do not have time to go into right now. But in a nutshell, it's a beautiful place to "decompress" and also a very popular site for honeymooners (very romantic). People rent cabins for the winter. You can set up your own condo I suppose if you have the $$$. However, I recommend you don't ski anytime soon because you'll certainly need those knee caps (and all those important connective tissues) intact for med. school and residency. I recommend in the meantime you take up snowboarding, bungy jumping, or sky diving..hehe just kidding!)

I had no idea you can get skis at those quotes (are you sure they aren't used?). Did you buy a pair and how long were they?
A good ski jacket can cost around $500, but people wear it on a daily basis now when the weather gets cold outside (it's becoming a fashion statement everywhere). Those high quality materials can last forever.

Be good now, c'ya later.

I didn't buy any, but one of my friends did. They where new (the skies) 194's (I think). He also has to buy the boots, poles and seatings yet; oh and he didn't buy a jacket. However, the skies are brand-spank'in new. Check it out at some of the ski stores and ask for specifically 99 models.