pay scale of an AA compared to a CRNA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nev

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you think the payscale difference would be between an AA and a CRNA?
Thanks
Nev

Members don't see this ad.

23. How do AA and NA pay scales compare?

When employed within the same department and when possessing the same job description and experience level within the anesthesia care team, AAs and NAs are normally compensated with identical salary and benefit packages.

http://www.asahq.org/career/aa.htm

Members don't see this ad :)
places that use both treeat them the same with regards to salary and scope of practice.

Thanks for the replies. Thats good to know that their pay is the same. I had a CRNA tell me once that they get paid less and they dont get to do the same stuff as what CRNAs do. But I guess he said that because there werent any AAs in my area.

"TEXAS AA LICENSING BILLS INTRODUCED!

On March 8, 2007, two identical bills were filed in the Texas state legislature which will allow AAs to become medically licensed in that state. AAs have been practicing in Texas under physician delegatory authority and by the consent of the Texas State Board of Medical Examiners for 10 years. By licensing AAs, the citizens of Texas will be assured of the continuation of quality and safe anesthesia provided to them by AAs practicing in the state."

What does this mean? I thought Texas was always one of the states that AAs were allowed to work in.

"TEXAS AA LICENSING BILLS INTRODUCED!

On March 8, 2007, two identical bills were filed in the Texas state legislature which will allow AAs to become medically licensed in that state. AAs have been practicing in Texas under physician delegatory authority and by the consent of the Texas State Board of Medical Examiners for 10 years. By licensing AAs, the citizens of Texas will be assured of the continuation of quality and safe anesthesia provided to them by AAs practicing in the state."

What does this mean? I thought Texas was always one of the states that AAs were allowed to work in.

Um read the press release. They are allowed to work under physician delegated authority. This will give them formal license.

David Carpenter, PA-C

Um read the press release. They are allowed to work under physician delegated authority. This will give them formal license.

David Carpenter, PA-C

and if you go over to allnurses, it seems they are going to fight it like crazy!!!
http://allnurses.com/forums/f16/texas-crnas-call-action-stop-potential-aa-bill-212027.html

i dont see the point (of the CRNAs), AAs can already practice, AAs just want an official license. hopefully the bill passes and someday an AA program will open up here in Texas. :D

and if you go over to allnurses, it seems they are going to fight it like crazy!!!
http://allnurses.com/forums/f16/texas-crnas-call-action-stop-potential-aa-bill-212027.html

i dont see the point (of the CRNAs), AAs can already practice, AAs just want an official license. hopefully the bill passes and someday an AA program will open up here in Texas. :D

I think the point is right now they exist at the sufferance of the BOM. At any point the BOM can decide this is not delegated authority and put them all out of a job. If they have a seperate license then that is not a problem.

David Carpenter, Pa-c