Paying for med school...ack!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

strugglebus

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How much med school costs has only really just hit me, especially since I definitely dozed off during those super interesting financial aid sessions during interview days.

I was just wondering if anyone had suggestions on the following:

1. Which top-tier med schools offer merit aid (my family is solidly middle-class, so I doubt I'm going to get much need-based aid)
2. Whether it's possible to get more aid from other schools if a school or two offers a lot of merit aid (and how to do this tactfully)
3. Good external scholarships to apply to

Your help would be much appreciated. Best of luck to everyone in this crazy process! And happy holidays!

Members don't see this ad.

Schools that offer merit aid would be a lot of the "Non-Harvard/Yale" top-20 schools, since many of them want to convince applicants to attend their school instead. Pritzker (Uchic) is one school I know that comes to mind.

How much med school costs has only really just hit me, especially since I definitely dozed off during those super interesting financial aid sessions during interview days.

I was just wondering if anyone had suggestions on the following:

1. Which top-tier med schools offer merit aid (my family is solidly middle-class, so I doubt I'm going to get much need-based aid)
2. Whether it's possible to get more aid from other schools if a school or two offers a lot of merit aid (and how to do this tactfully)
3. Good external scholarships to apply to

Your help would be much appreciated. Best of luck to everyone in this crazy process! And happy holidays!
You applied to and then interviewed at WashU, Pritzker, UMich, and others and then didn't pay attention during their financial aid presentations?

Members don't see this ad :)
Harvard waives parental contribution for family incomes under 100,000k. If you're under that you should have aid.