Doll619

10+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
I've heard a lot about joining the armed forces to help pay for medical school, specifically the Air Force and Navy. Would anyone like to comment on this/ direct me to some good resources/ ect.? :)

Thanks, folks.

tinkerbelle

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2003
Neverland
Status
Attending Physician
Doll619 said:
I've heard a lot about joining the armed forces to help pay for medical school, specifically the Air Force and Navy. Would anyone like to comment on this/ direct me to some good resources/ ect.? :)

Thanks, folks.
check the military medicine forum... you'll find lots of info there

Pemberley

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 30, 2005
Texas
Status
Medical Student
Doll619 said:

Thanks, folks.
You will find quite a bit of squabbling about this question on the military medicine forum. Two things that almost everybody there agrees on:
1. DO NOT enter the military if you're doing it ONLY for money and otherwise dislike the idea of being the military. You will be miserable.
2. The best way to find out whether you would like it is to find a military doc or two at a base near you. Talk with him/her, shadow if permitted.

There are resources online -- each service has an HPSP page, I don't have the addresses on me right now -- but you really can't get a feel for what the military's like from a webpage.